• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Please read my Filthy book. Quid pro beta read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael J. Hoag

"What's-it on the wall."
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zamyatin-lives.blogspot.com
FilthyBettyCover1.jpg

Get Filthy Rich is 65,000 wrd dark comedy disguised as self help. It's a "self empowerment" book by "the Michael Jordan of Prostitutes." Jean inspires us, with the story of her dramatic rise to greatness in the High-end art world as "the Thomas Kinkade of smut," her fall into addiction and survival sex, and finally her rebirth as a true model of American success. This book is your key to the life you've always wanted. It's her manual for a pyramid scheme Multi Level Marketing Plan that sells sex as a spiritual path. And you can be "bottom floor." Jean wants to help you. To lead you out of the desert. To save you. To recruit you.

And f*** you.

If you're interested in something experimental that's also accessible (most readers have finished it in a few nights) I'd love to get your opinion.

Get Filthy uses tools borrowed from Language Poetry, Minimalism, Haiku and Tamil poetry to explore themes of sexism, alterity, abuse, how and why we use the people we love, and the fantasies that make it possible. And it is an attempt to deal artistically with the choices some of the women in my life have made. The tragedy of watching those you love suffer.

If you're interested, you could take a look at the stuff in my signature. If you're still interested, LOL, let me know. Every chapter in the piece has already been workshopped various places, so right now, I'm really looking for the "big picture" view. The form is rather idiosyncratic, so I'm concerned about how it all fits together.

And I'd be glad to return the favor sometime.

Last edited:

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
If you're referring to the well-known painter, it's "Kinkade" (K, not C in the middle).

Ellefire

Citizen Of Planet Random
Registered
Reaction score
PM me, I'll have a read. I take it you want a broad opinion, not a line by line crit. I'm a bit crap at in-depth critting, but as a reader, I can tell you if I like it or not (and what bits work for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.