How I almost got busted for carrying pot this weekend

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
How I almost got busted for carrying pot this weekend. . .(a true story)

So, I'm at my favorite hangout this last Saturday, (Dunn Bros coffee at Belt Line and Marsh Rd in Addison) and the place was pretty crowded. I am sitting at a table with my laptop, working on my novel, and I have to get up to get something out of my briefcase. I stand up, go around to the other side of the table, open the briefcase (this is one of those soft-side, leather satchel-type briefcases) and I'm digging around in it looking for a thumb-drive, because I wanted to remember to back up my novel.

I find what I'm looking for, but I've had to pull a bunch of stuff out of the briefcase, and lay it on the table, in order to get to the bottom of the briefcase where I found the thumb drive.

As I'm putting everything back into the briefcase, (extra mouse, digital camera, pens, notepads, bag of cough lozenges, USB cable, a paperback novel, my Kindle, etc etc) I hear something drop to the floor and I look down and see a plastic baggie with what looked like about a quarter-ounce of primo weed. It was mine, so I bent down to scoop it up and toss it back into the briefcase. As I'm stooped over picking it up, I look up and see two policemen watching me. I think nothing of it, until I go to toss my 'stash' back into the briefcase.

I see the look on Cop #1's face and I realize that, in his lawandorder mind, he's looking at a bust waiting to happen. He looks at his partner and chins toward me, saying 'check this out!'

They stand up and start walking towards me. . .and I grin, thinking, this will be funny.

Okay, let me back up a bit here.
A week ago, I started a new job. (Now, you're thinking. 'What? This car is fishtailing all over the road and is headed for the ditch!'. . . . but, I promise you, I will pull it out)

Okay so, last week, I started a new job, and since my office is not ready yet, I'm sharing an office, and I don't have all my 'stuff' in there yet. So, I have thrown several things into my briefcase to take in there.
One of the things I threw in there, to take to the office was a plastic baggie with four or five teabags of green tea. Not just any green tea. This is organic green tea, and it's fairly good stuff. It doesn't have the tea bag string, and the 'bags' are clear mesh. The 'tea' is organic, so it looks EXACTLY like pot, complete with seeds and stems and it is, of course, green.

Looking at it in a plastic baggie, like I had it in, it looks exactly like someone's stash.

Not that these lawmen could tell the difference though. Not to mention the fact that, a few feet away, you couldn't even SEE the tea bags itself, all you could see was the 'tea' itself.

So, there I am grinning like an idiot at these two policemen, who are walking towards me. I realized that they could easily plug me, or worse, taser me into submission, (don't taze me bro!) and ask their questions later. (I definitely FEAR the taser. And I don't know which I fear most, the pain of the taze, or the flopping around on the floor like a fish looking idiotic )

Now, maybe I'm getting crazy in my older age, but two thoughts flashed through my head as the Police were approaching me (three thoughts if you count the taser-fear thoughts) and these were:

How crazy would it be if I started running? Then they'd catch me and I'd explain what the substance was, and they'd have a question mark over their heads as to why I ran. . .

Or,. . . .I suddenly remembered a 'saying' that we had back in our dope-smoking, partying, wild younger days.

Actually, I didn't just 'remember' it, I actually said it. Out loud. As they were approaching me, and I was holding out my 'stash' for them to see.
"Hey, don't panic, it's organic!"

Sure, I'll admit that I was just trying to be a yuk-monkey, and I'll also admit that it didn't go over well with them. So, I was left standing there, holding my stash, with a bad case of failed-smile.

So, the one that was six-six, and 290 (he was the smaller one. . .I felt like I'd just been transported into the Land of the Giants) says, 'You want to explain that?" He was giving me a look, staring at me like I had a cuckoo coming out of my forehead and pinwheel eyes.

I explain that it was green tea, and that I had it in my briefcase to take to work, and had forgotten that it was in there. As I was explaining, I realized how lame it sounded, and then it occured to me, that they could actually take me in, and toss me into the graybar hotel. Luckily, there was a box of this green tea on the counter there, and I opened it up to show them.

They were finally convinced, and left, and actually had a good laugh out of it.

There is no moral to the story, just a pseudo-flashback to the 60's or somesuch.

Now there was this one time that I actually lit up an actual joint while talking to a cop. (it really WAS an accident, and this time, yes, it WAS real pot. . .LOL). . .but, that's another story.

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
17461grannys_weed_big.jpg

Is she going to be at the awards ceremony?

Last edited:

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
You were actually pretty lucky imo.

Also, you should use the enter key. That was hard to read.

:)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
That happened to my husband. he was driving cross country from Ohio to Colorado (he went to college there) and got pulled over by a cop in Kansas. The cop searched his car and found his tin of organic green tea. He tried to explain to the cop who emptied all his belongings out of the car onto the side of the highway and called a drug dog unit.

Needless to say, the dog was unimpressed. The cops took the dog and split, leaving my husband to reload all his dorm belongings back into the car alone.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
That happened to my husband. he was driving cross country from Ohio to Colorado (he went to college there) and got pulled over by a cop in Kansas. The cop searched his car and found his tin of organic green tea. He tried to explain to the cop who emptied all his belongings out of the car onto the side of the highway and called a drug dog unit.

Needless to say, the dog was unimpressed. The cops took the dog and split, leaving my husband to reload all his dorm belongings back into the car alone.

How does that even happen? MJ doesn't smell at all like green tea!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.
Bob Marley

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
In December 1976, two days before "Smile Jamaica", a free concert organized by the Jamaican Prime Minister Michael Manley in an attempt to ease tension between two warring political groups, Marley, his wife, and manager Don Taylor were wounded in an assault by unknown gunmen inside Marley's home. Taylor and Marley's wife sustained serious injuries, but later made full recoveries. Bob Marley received minor wounds in the chest and arm. The shooting was thought to have been politically motivated, as many felt the concert was really a support rally for Manley. Nonetheless, the concert proceeded, and an injured Marley performed as scheduled, two days after the attempt. When asked why, Marley responded, "the people who are trying to make this world worse aren’t taking a day off. How can I?"

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
Heya Doyle, being slung in the slammer would have been good research for one of your novels eh. :D

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
LOL

Heya Doyle, being slung in the slammer would have been good research for one of your novels eh. :D

While it's true I am a stickler for realism, and I do a lot of research, I have spent the night in the pokey once, and that was enough!

Actually, I spent one night in jail. . .and on another occasion I was tossed in jail, and then escaped, so I avoided being able to list 2X being a jailbird on my resume.

The escape. . .now, that's another story altogether.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
WTF? Green tea may LOOK like pot, but it sure as hell doesn't SMELL like pot. It should take the cops 5 seconds to figure out what's going on. Then again, I know from personal experience that some cops don't seem to know the smell of pot, even when you practically blow it in their face. For me that was a good thing, because it wasn't green tea I was smokin'. :D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
We are talking about a habitual criminal and escape artist here:D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I wish I was arrested for smoking tree, I would have done less time.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
LOL. Now I'm going to have to write a C&W song about you, aren't I. Oh, no, a Blues song would be much better. hehehe ;)

Luckily, the only time I've ever been inside a prison cell was to collect my stepson from the local police station, but we were always doing that with him anyway.
While it's true I am a stickler for realism, and I do a lot of research, I have spent the night in the pokey once, and that was enough!

Actually, I spent one night in jail. . .and on another occasion I was tossed in jail, and then escaped, so I avoided being able to list 2X being a jailbird on my resume.

The escape. . .now, that's another story altogether.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
well, I am neither habitual criminal, nor escape artist. If I were either one of those, I'd have a lot more $ than I do now!

:)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Unless you're a lawyer or a banker, crime really doesn't pay.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
A person I heard about way back in high school named Joe was busted for having some sort of something in a bag in his locker and pending test results he lived in fear. Long story short, the test results came back, he wasn't arrested, and was forever known from that moment on as Oregano Joe. Oddly, he was just as upset about not be arrested as he was about nearly being arrested. Something I never did figure out.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and that makes you a politician. - Elodie :D

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I once walked into an airport bathroom just before hitting security (outbound to the Bahamas, lol) and, checking my 'do in the mirror, noticed the joint I'd tucked behind my ear.

THANK GOD I was also drinking and had to pee. I can't imagine how much they would have laughed at me, trying to bring dope INTO the Bahamas.

(this was 17 years ago, btw, and no reflection of my current status re: um...smoking dope. Or traveling. Crap.)