Cryptic Comet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Cryptic Comet is fucking awesome.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me tell you why!

CC's first and (to date) only game is Armageddon Empires, one of the BEST indi-TBS games on the market.

In AE, you take command of one of four factions and attempt to take over the blasted wastelands that the Earth has become by the year 2300 (astonishingly, its not even our fault!).

The factions play astonishingly differently, and each game is endlessly exciting and interesting due to the variable factions and random thing you can find.

Some games end in five turns cause your recon teams stumble on a working ICBM launch facility and you drop a nuke on the enemy's HQ.

Some games drag on four hours as two resource starved teams nibble eachother to death...

Best of all, it had evocative artwork, was filled with weird references (Name any other game where you can find Vault 13 AND NERV Headquarters. And yes, you can get an EVA. And blow shit up with it).

It had problems, though. The A.I was a bit spotty, no multiplayer, it has some weird bugs...but, hey, its still pretty awesome for something coded by ONE PERSON.

Yeah. One person. Cryptic Comet, as far as I know, is run by one dude.

And, even better, he's making ANOTHER GAME!

Solium Infernum: The first and only turn based that I know of that takes place entirely in Hell.

The basic idea is that the Lord of Darkness vanished mysteriously, and now you get to try and take it from all the other conniving backstabbing bastards that run hell.

I don't know much beyond you have multiplayer, customizable "archfiends" and lots of cool features like demonic spells, unholy artifacts, spies and so on...but it looks awesome!

Check em out!

http://www.crypticcomet.com/

buy their games

I cooommaaaand youuuuu

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I can't download stuff that big and didn't see any discs for sale. Why is everything going to download?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Well, um, its a company of one, producing a product that's bought by many many many people.

I'm not sure if he has the industrial capital to afford printing that many disks.

But, hey, what do I know?

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I may just be a dinosaur, but it seems to me that there'd be a market for someone with unlimited download capability and a cd burner, or would that somehow be copywrite infringement?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
No clue, actually...

Well, its a real shame that you can't get your hands on Armageddon Empire. Its really awesome.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
[shameless plug]
If you like TBS, and aren't addicted to eye candy, check out Dominions 3. It is, simply put, the awesomest TBS game ever programmed, planned, or even just thought of.
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/DOM3/DOM3_page.html
Maybe because it was developed by twice as many people. :D
[/shameless plug]

Status
Not open for further replies.