Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I need a gun for these parameters -
Available in England
Small, concealable in an inside jacket pocket holster
Multi-shot
Powerful - intimidating

I'd been using a two shot derringer, but under the circumstances I'm writing about, a derringer's a bit of a joke. Any thoughts? Thanks! Puma

smcc360

I've Got An MFA In LEO
Registered
Reaction score
I think the Webly British Bulldog would be a good choice-

WebleyBulldogReplica.JPG

More info here, from our good friends at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Bulldog_revolver

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
James Bond uses the Walther PPK

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I usually refrain from giving British gun information. It’s a bit outside my field, and the inquirer (after getting info, of course) usually can’t resist a snarky parting shot about how unfortunate it is for one to know entirely too much about firearms or sling some other "gun-nut" mud.

However, Ohio is somewhat west of downtown London.

Colt revolvers actually sold in England before gaining popularity in the US. Colt’s London Model 1849 Pocket Revolver was small in both five and six shot .31 single-action percussion models.

A Colt cartridge New Line Revolver was in .32 rimfire manufactured 1873-1884. The trigger was encased in a spur jutting below and had no trigger guard. It was a small single-action quite popular in the UK.

In 1876-77, Smith & Wesson made a .38 centerfire pocket revolver called the single action 1st model. As the three sibgle-action revolvers above, it had the sheathed trigger with no trigger guard.

I agree with SMCC. The Webley Bulldog was made in the late 1870s. It was a double-action five-shot in .32, .44, and .45. It was small, snub-nosed, had a large trigger guard, and was quite popular in the UK as a pocket revolver well into the 1900s.

The Walther PPK didn't come out until 1931, but then James Bond is timeless.

Hope some of this helps.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks SMCC360 and Chase - I'll use the Webley Bulldog. Even the name fits my story well. I really appreciate the information.

And thanks for the response, RJK, but yes, the Walther PPK is a bit too new for what I need.

Thank you all for the help. Puma

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would have had no idea what to suggest in this case. Following smcc's link I read that the Bulldog was used to kill President Garfield. That would be an interesting tidbit to add to your story if you could work it in.