• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a beta reader for a fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okyrah

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the forums and I'm writing a novel right now (just started but I have 13 pages done) but I've very serious about finishing and getting it published. Right now it's a mess (technically in order but I haven't been writing it in order) so I would need a very thorough critique on everything from the character development to the grammar (not one of my strong points). It is about Vampires but I feel like I've done something creative with them ^^ So tell me if you would be interested?

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Hi all I'm new to the forums and I'm writing a novel right now (just started but I have 13 pages done) but I've very serious about finishing and getting it published. Right now it's a mess (technically in order but I haven't been writing it in order) so I would need a very thorough critique on everything from the character development to the grammar (not one of my strong points). It is about Vampires but I feel like I've done something creative with them ^^ So tell me if you would be interested?

It's best to finish the book first, then edit it at least once yourself, before asking for beta readers to commit the amount of time and energy necessary to give helpful feedback.

Happy writing.

Okyrah

Registered
Reaction score
Oh ok thank you :)
EDIT - Then maybe I'm not looking for a beta writer, but someone to read what I have so far and give me tips on how to be a better writer, spot plot holes etc.

Last edited:

Dicentra P

Help!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been here long but I think that you might want to check out the share your work area. You can browse a critique or two and then join in -- both will help you gain skills to polish your writing. Then when you have a chapter cleaned up and checked for grammar and spelling you can post it for critiques.

Okyrah

Registered
Reaction score
Alright I'll do that thanks for the advice ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.