PDA

View Full Version : This Blog is Looking for Fresh Eyes

Fokker Aeroplanbau
08-29-2009, 07:31 PM
http://rightfarright.blogspot.com

Yes, that is my blog and it is looking for some new eyes with regards to its layout, its content, among other factors. If you feel like something needs to be discussed, feel free to throw it out there but just make sure you get me an opinion on how it looks.

Basically, I'm stuck between a rock and a hardplace. Either it looks too "blah" (i.e. bland) or it looks too colorful for my readers to access the page (against their boss' wishes) at work without drawing all the wrong sort of attention. Personally, I'm willing to give my vocal workplace access users the benefit of the style, if not content. Yet I'm always open for more opinions and if it is really too bland to the educated eyes of AW; I will change it.

Well, you know the drill. :)

BigWords
08-30-2009, 12:01 AM
The blog looks good to my eyes, mainly because I've read so many that the overtly garish ones 'pop out' at me. I would rather see something understated than a blog with a dozen bright colors vying for my attention.

My opinion only, and I'm sure you will get contradictory opinions on the subject of blog appearances.

veinglory
08-30-2009, 03:32 AM
It looks fine to me but I would suggest a simple graphic for the header to give the site more identity. I think your posts need more before the "read me" link because there is unused whitespace below then... also your fearured picture should be resized to fit the space available.

lostwanderer5
09-12-2009, 12:46 AM
I like the layout. I would give you the tip that others gave me here. It may be a good idea to make your title bit more personal. Perhaps add a graphic or something?

I love the ABOUT ME bit, and also PICTURE OF THE NOW section is interesting. It gives people something quick to skim through every day if they don't have a lot of time.

Good one, in my opinion

DavidZahir
09-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Honestly, I think some kind of snappy banner would be cool and more eye-catching.

truelyana
10-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Like others have said the layout is clean and crisp and the content fits well, in the dimensions of the blog. I also agree about making your blog more personal to you, and not just satisfactory for pleasing your readers. I think it is about being who you are, and letting yourself go with the creation of it.

Let me ask you something, are you happy with the way your blog looks?

If you are not, than explore and experiment different designs or art which is keeping with who you are and what your blog is about. It is good fun, and you will learn a lot.

Let us know, how you get on and what you change. :)

Hope the journey is a happy one.

Omega423
10-06-2009, 05:05 AM
The only thing i don't like about your blog is that the text seems a bit condensed in the posts. but other than that it looks great