• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Could Use Some Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KetPK

Hello,

My name is Keturah and I'm new here. I've been looking around for a while, trying to get familiar, and it seems like this is the place I can find what I'm looking for. So, let's get down to business.

I've been writing for about three or four years now. Seriously, about two. I started off writing X-Files fan fiction. But I'm branching off into writing original stories. I had a few ideas written down in a notebook, but only one story I'm really excited about. It's a scifi/drama/action/suspense (maybe romance), type deal. This is just a small portion of what I write.

What I'm looking for is basically a partner/mentor. I would like someone to give me ideas, encouragment as well as criticism and maybe a few pointers on characterization, plot, setting, description, and the like. I would appreciate someone who is willing to read my work and give me their opinion on what sounds good and what I could work on.

If anyone is up for the challenge, please IM/PM/respond to this thread, contact me by email or even on AIM.

Thanks!

KetPK

Anything yet? No, alright. Well I'll keep waiting then.
EmoteShrug.gif

KetPK

If anyone is still interested in this, I could send some of my work to whomever is willing.

Okay, I'll go back to waiting.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
A shame no one's noticed your plea for help. Or if they have, shame on them for not responding!. As for ideas, they're all over the place, and just about every 'how to write' book has suggestions for getting more. As for encouragement, you're in the right place, if not in exactly the right part of it. For getting your work read and reviewed, I suggest you post a sample of it (a page or two) in the Share Your Work section of these forums.

And as for this: "Okay, I'll go back to waiting," you need to work on your vocabulary. It should read: "Okay, I'll go back to writing." ;)

KetPK

Hahahaha, don't worry I did go back to writing.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I will post some of my work up there. Hopefully someone will be interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.