PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Submissions--"Women Reinvented"

Richard Day Gore
08-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello All,

We're gearing up for an eye-opening anthology called Women Reinvented. It will feature inspiring, first-person, TRUE stories of up to 2,400 words by women who have made new lives for themselves.

Have you?

Perhaps you are a corporate executive who found her true calling was motherhood... or vice versa. An art student who became a police officer... A store manager who moved to the jungle to live with and help indigenous people... or any number of other deep personal transformations that women will find inspiring and informative.

Okay, here's what we are NOT looking for: please, please, do NOT submit a story of how you have been reinvented as a writer! We've already accepted a couple of those for this volume.

Please see our website for more information and submission requirements. We pay for stories we choose for publication--and you get international exposure in a critically acclaimed series of anthologies.

Thanks and best regards,

Richard Day Gore
Senior Editor
LaChance Publishing
www.lachancepublishing.com (http://www.lachancepublishing.com)

Susie
01-27-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm so happy to have had a story accepted by Mr. Gore for "Women Reinvented." I look forward to the book coming out and many thanks.

Ms Hollands
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Well done Susie! :snoopy: I wish I'd seen the original post as this is one that I could have easily written something for, but I was livin' it up in Aus at the time and missed it altogether.

Lavern08
01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Well done Susie! :snoopy:

Well done indeed, Sweet Pea! ;)

I wish I'd seen the original post as this is one that I could have easily written something for.

Yep, me too!
:cry:

Maryn
01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Wait, Susie's reinvented? Hmm. What was she before, mean?

Maryn, shaking Susie's hand and passing her chocolate

Susie
01-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Aww, thx much, guys. Didn't mean to get congrats here, too, but sure is appreciated! Accepts chocolate graciously 'n passes it around. :)

upsidedowngrl
01-28-2010, 04:08 AM
A quick question. Since this is under paying markets - how much does it pay for accepted stories?

Thanks

stormie
01-28-2010, 10:46 PM
For the anthology I'm in, $100.00. Their books are well put together, and the people are great to work with.

Gretad08
01-28-2010, 11:40 PM
I just checked out their website and I'm putting together a little story about my experiences with Cancer.

Does anybody know what type of rights you retain to the story when published in an anthology? I dug around on their site, and didn't really find an answer.

I'm unpublished as of now, but if they accept my story, is an anthology a good example to use to obtain other jobs?

Susie
01-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Gee sure sorry you had an experience with cancer, Gretad.

I sent you a pm.

I'm sure the anthology is a great example to use to obtain other jobs. They are a terrific outfit to have work accepted by.

padnar
01-30-2010, 11:55 AM
I just checked out their website and I'm putting together a little story about my experiences with Cancer.

Does anybody know what type of rights you retain to the story when published in an anthology? I dug around on their site, and didn't really find an answer.

I'm unpublished as of now, but if they accept my story, is an anthology a good example to use to obtain other jobs?

I am sorry as well as surprised that you are cool under the circumstances . I wish yur story get published, as it will motivate persons like me . I am a persom who cannot bear pain . I am a middle age woman , given birth to two children but still when I get pain I just get panicked.
padma

Skyraven
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
susie congratulations!
Greta - glad that you're using your experience to inspire others! Way to go!

Susie
01-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Thx very much, Heiddi. Really appreciated!

AnonymousWriter
02-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Congratulations, Susie! :D

Cake for you. :Cake:

Greta- you are an inspiration. Good luck with the story.

Arisa81
02-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Congrats, Suse :D

Susie
02-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Aww, thx much, Anonymouth 'n April! Most appreciated. Right back atcha!

Kerr
02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Way to go Susie and Gretta! This sounds like a group to postmark. Thanks for the thumb's up.

Susie
02-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Thx so much, Kerr. Much good luck!