PDA

View Full Version : I need a beta reader

joshuaspride
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I have a Novel that I wrote a couple of summers ago that I really need to publish. It's been sitting on my hard drive gathering dust. If a brave soul would be so kind as to read it and offer me some useful feedback; I would be forever grateful. I might even give you my firstborn! If you care to take a peek...see below.

Scott

joshuaspride
08-28-2009, 11:50 PM
I have a Novel that I wrote a couple of summers ago that I really need to publish. It's been sitting on my hard drive gathering dust. If a brave soul would be so kind as to read it and offer me some useful feedback; I would be forever grateful. I might even give you my firstborn! If you care to take a peek...see below.

Scott

Folofop
08-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Genre?

Word count?

Type of critique wanted?

joshuaspride
08-29-2009, 12:10 AM
~75K
Mainstream Fiction
I need real criticism...but I'll take whatever I can get.

Folofop
08-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Ha, I live in "New Post" so see EVERYTHING.

Main stream fiction doesn't interest me.

However you could post your first chapter or even a few on the Share Your Work forum, it's near the bottom of the main forum page.

The benefit of this is that you could receive a wide range of critique and folks would know whether they would be willing to beta read the whole novel.

joshuaspride
08-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I think I'll try that

Red-Green
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey, Scott. Welcome to AW. Looks like you've accidentally stepped off the beaten path. Because the Beta Project is actually a special project, this doesn't get a lot of traffic in the "off season" so to speak. You'll want to post your request for a beta reader down in the main Beta Reader forum.

katiemac
09-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Merged two threads, in case anything looks confusing. :)

joshuaspride
09-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Thank you. I ended up with beta two readers, so it's all good.