Inspiration for your next novel, people?

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
It's working now, see post #5. If you run across something similar, please feel free to add your particular man-candy photos. Or woman-candy, didn't mean to exclude anyone. Sometimes a visual can really jump start a stubborn idea...

Last edited:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Someone who is more educated about computer files could probably tell me how to get the pictures off of the email I received and post a link. Any help would be appreciated...

Description: 20's, nicely toned, shirtless or with shirt open, a little beard stubble and the most gorgeous eyes. Piercing blue/green I would call them. Just lustful. (That's all folks.)

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
I don't know how much you know about this stuff, so sorry if any of this is condescending; equally, sorry if it's not detailed enough!

Find an image host (e.g. imageshack or photobucket) and sign up. Right-click on the picture in your email and choose "save image as" to save it to your My Pictures fodler (or Mac equivalent? I don't know Macs!). The image host should give you something like "upload images" or "browse for images" which allows you to search your own files and select the cpiture. It'll do it's thing, and give you a link to the picture to copy (if you're lucky it'll even give you a forum friendly one!) and voila! One sexy man for us all to enjoy :)

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
If you want the image to show up in the post, use the code that starts with

GordonK

Registered
Reaction score
The first question may not be how to do it. It MAY BE should this be done. You may have to check the terms and guidelines about posting images (other than avatars & other related images like your book cover) on this forum.

Secondly if you are to embed images, use thumbnails. For example, on your photobucket page, the hot dude's facial pic measures 755x399 pixels and is 184 kb in size. Loading many images that size is going to eat up quite some bandwidths of this site. The thumbnail on that page measures 160x85 pixels and is 13kb in size. Inquiring souls muttering 'OMG he's hot' may click on the thumb-pics to check them out. I guess the code is something like (URL="pic_site/pic_name")(IMG)http://pic_site/thumb_name(/IMG)(/URL) -- replace parenthesis with square-brackets. But please check the terms first.

Oh, and make sure you're not posting any pics with potential copyright/legal issues (such as those with a Getty watermark, or any pics that may be classified nudity/suggestive of a guy/girl who looks old enough but maybe underage.)

Last edited:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, don't want to get into trouble. Just hated to keep it to myself.

Have had lots of people post a link for a little joke to make our day and thought I was being friendly, useful, interesting, sharing, etc. If it's wrong, I'll take it down. But all that pixel, loading images, code is way over my head. Think I'll stick to writing and posting a few things to keep some people's blood pressure nice and high (political stuff, it's entertaining).

Well, that's kind of sad really. I post stuff to keep people stirred up. Maybe I need a life.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't say this over many men, but he's rather nice. ;)

GordonK

Registered
Reaction score
Synonym

Sorry if I sounded offensive. Never meant that.

In another forum--a sports related one--that I frequent, this is often a problem. I remember the administrator was asked by Getty or whoever to make sure copyrighted pictures wouldn't be posted. I thought it might be helpful to share the info.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Gordon, I didn't take it that way (offensive). I freely admit I don't know what I'm doing so I appreciate the warning.

I sometimes get enthusiastic and want to share, but as far as I can tell the picture isn't copywrited.

I didn't think that if you were going to an album in photobucket that it would use up a lot of bandwidth here, either I don't understand or I read that wrong.

I don't know what he is. Male model, actor, sex on a stick. Who knows.

Last edited:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I got it in an email. It had the pictures posted, one at a time with the following dialogue:

Look closely and see if you can figure out who this is. (picture)
Have a look! (picture)
Still not sure? (picture)
Have another look. (picture)
Again, look closer... (picture)
Still don't know? (picture, my fav the close-up)
Neither do I, but who gives a sh*t? Have a great day!

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
:roll: But it's a great friend who'll share a good looking bloke like that with you.

I got it in an email. It had the pictures posted, one at a time with the following dialogue:

Look closely and see if you can figure out who this is. (picture)
Have a look! (picture)
Still not sure? (picture)
Have another look. (picture)
Again, look closer... (picture)
Still don't know? (picture, my fav the close-up)
Neither do I, but who gives a sh*t? Have a great day!

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Don't you know it. She's the best. Even reads my stories and doesn't shrivel up like she's had a bite of lemon over the sexy parts.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
:D I don't think I have any friends that would shrivel up over the sexy bits; they all know I'm a naughty woman and so put up with it or are just as bad good as me.
A few ex friends tossed me off their FaceBook friendslists because they didn't want their other friends seeing the kinds of things I said. Shrugs. It's their loss. If I'm not good enough for FaceBook, then I'm not good enough for anything else in their life as far as I'm concerned. :D
Don't you know it. She's the best. Even reads my stories and doesn't shrivel up like she's had a bite of lemon over the sexy parts.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, sculpt. Me too. I used to draw and paint, maybe I'll save that for later. When I have time.

Brutal Mustang

Registered
Reaction score
I have not made the time for it either. I'm a burnt out ex-pro artist ... now machinist. Hey, what do you think about THIS pic? :D

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
very nice. Lovely eyes. I have a thing about eyes. It helps when they're attached to a nice face too.

Brutal Mustang

Registered
Reaction score
Me too. And yeah, nice faces. Must be an artist thing. The first thing I notice about a man is his facial proportions.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
You've got a point. The more symmetrical the face the more attractive it is, artistically. Makes your fingers itch to pick up a pencil and drag out a piece of paper.