• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas needed for offbeat psychopomp novelette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacquelyn Hyde

Mistress of Puns
Registered
Reaction score
I have two CPs at the moment and, sadly, one is far too busy with college to give me the sort of speedy feedback I need. I always like having more than one PoV on my writing, to see what opinions conflict and where people agree that work is needed/facts are inaccurate/some assembly may be required. I'm racing against a deadline, so someone who will be able to give me a quick turn-around time would be marvelous.

I'm going to play it safe and call the novelette slipstream. Helena is new to the whole psychopomp gig. It's strange and confusing, (on several levels that involve many headaches and, occasionally, quantum physics.) but she's just misanthropic enough to enjoy it. At least she would enjoy it if she wasn't being perpetually pestered by a two-faced (literally) teenager and the romantic liaison between Psychopomp Housing Community's assistant leasing manager (for Earth District) and his half-mechanical ex-lover.

There's a plot involving a mystery in there somewhere. Thank goodness I never have to write a query for this.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the first draft, which appears to be closing at approx 10,000 words. Like I said, I'm on some serious time constraints, so I'm putting a call out for beta readers now. Those finishing touches should be done within the week - barring incapacitation or my untimely death - and it always seems to take me a few days to find betas. I'm trying to waste as little time as possible.

Whatever crit you like to give, I want. This is the first draft, so it's far from perfect. A few paragraphs detailing what did and didn't work for you works as well as anything else.

If interested, leave a comment or drop me a PM. I'm willing to return favors, just... after I've finished up with this particular project. Between work and devoting all my free time to a psychopomp novelette, any crit I could give would likely be completely nonsensical.

Status
Not open for further replies.