PDA

View Full Version : Double identity? (using more than one username on AW is a no-no)

still alive
08-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Is it possible, when I'm already posting under one screen name, to have another as well?

I have something I'd prefer to post under a pseudonym because I want a fresh start.

Thank you.
SA

Fox The Cave
08-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Just log out and make a new account under a different email.

Why do you want a fresh start?

still alive
08-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Thank you, Fox

KTC
08-25-2009, 12:36 AM
I would check with a mod...I believe this is seriously frowned upon.

still alive
08-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Frowned on or not, it didn't work! They wouldn't let me go! I'm flattered.

How now do I get a moderator to notice my question?
SA

dpaterso
08-25-2009, 12:57 AM
You need a fresh start? Who did you murder?

I thought still alive was a pseudonym. You mean that's your real name?

Is there a reason for wanting another account other than whimsy? Just curious.

-Derek

KTC
08-25-2009, 12:59 AM
You need a fresh start? Who did you murder?

I thought still alive was a pseudonym. You mean that's your real name?

Is there a reason for wanting another account other than whimsy? Just curious.

-Derek

Do you mock Mr. Alive? (-;

dpaterso
08-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Ahem, kindly shaddup and let the OP answer, thank you!

-Derek

still alive
08-25-2009, 01:09 AM
It's a simple answer. No murder unless after I post my "tome" it'll be mine. :)

I've put many postings on here about my novel that I'm seriously trying to find an agent for. I want to post on SYW a completely different "thing" I'm working on just for fun. I just didn't want the two mixed up.

And besides the second one tweaks some sacred cows tails!

Still alive

dpaterso
08-25-2009, 01:15 AM
I'll bring this up in the moderator discussion area and see if an admin can advise. Please be patient!

-Derek

KTC
08-25-2009, 01:15 AM
It's a simple answer. No murder unless after I post my "tome" it'll be mine. :)

I've put many postings on here about my novel that I'm seriously trying to find an agent for. I want to post on SYW a completely different "thing" I'm working on just for fun. I just didn't want the two mixed up.

And besides the second one tweaks some sacred cows tails!

Still alive

Almost everybody here on AW has multiple pieces that they share. I don't see the problem. And you should stand behind/beside your work without being afraid of beating up cows. (-;

dpaterso
08-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Regardless of which, I've asked the question, let's see what happens.

-Derek

still alive
08-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Thanks, Derek. If I can wait on agents' answers I can sure wait on yours! :)

And KTC, it's not beating on them that so much bothers me; it's when they beat back!

SA

scarletpeaches
08-25-2009, 02:44 AM
There are no cows on AW.

*cough*

What? WHAT?

Karen Junker
08-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Good to know, SP. Carry on...

cooeedownunder
08-25-2009, 03:25 AM
I've seen sheep though, and ferrets, and dogs, and cats and....

still alive
08-25-2009, 05:11 AM
I think my simple question has drawn sarcasm, when I only meant to feel comfortable posting.

Derek, thank you for checking, but the purpose has been defeated anyway. My cover is already blown before I got it.

This is a very uncomfortable forum for "outsiders" I see, so I'll withdraw from it happily. And take my question with me. There're certainly other sites on which I can seek opinions. Valid ones. And please don't say I have no sense of humor when the truth is I don't have your senses of humor or whatever it is.

Still Alive

MacAllister
08-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Yeah. We seriously frown on multiple IDs here, for a number of reasons. So here's the admin weighing in on the question: No.

JoNightshade
08-25-2009, 09:14 AM
I think my simple question has drawn sarcasm, when I only meant to feel comfortable posting.

Derek, thank you for checking, but the purpose has been defeated anyway. My cover is already blown before I got it.

This is a very uncomfortable forum for "outsiders" I see, so I'll withdraw from it happily. And take my question with me. There're certainly other sites on which I can seek opinions. Valid ones. And please don't say I have no sense of humor when the truth is I don't have your senses of humor or whatever it is.

Still Alive

Wow, dude. Lighten up.

Methinks this guy wouldn't have lasted long here anyway. ;)

dpaterso
08-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Next time, consider PMing a moderator instead of asking on an open forum (this applies to everyone).

I'm not sure why everything thinks it's OK to ridicule the OP but it's really not.

-Derek