View Full Version : Embalming fluid?

The Lonely One
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Simple stupid question. Can embalming fluid be referred to in short as "embalmer"? When I Google it I only come up with the occupation. I want to be sure I'm not making a reference error, but embalmer sounds much less contrived in the sentence I'm using it.

Is anyone familiar with the terminology? Are there other slang terms for embalming fluid?

The Lonely One
08-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I refuse to believe no one here embalms. So now the FCC has control over this little harmless hobby as well? What I do on my Saturdays is my own business...

08-23-2009, 11:48 PM
To my knowledge, no - the proper use of the term 'embalmer' would be in reference to the occupation. Even then, it's a bit dated as "Mortician" would probably be the more current term.

There are a number of chemicals that comprise embalming fluid - you could probably google them.

08-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Read some of the occupational websites and see what the people who perform the procedure call it.

The Lonely One
08-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks for putting up with me. Fine suggestions, if I do say so myself. Thanks. :)