True crime written in first person

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Just curious what you guys think: are there many/any true crime books written in the first person? I just got a cold case (I'm a prosecutor) and am thinking of doing it memoir/diary style as I work it up, taking the case through trial etc.

It would cover the facts of the case and also trial strategy, my fears (losing!) and be a little different from the normal true crime book. Any thoughts?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I think that approach would be fine. Look at "OJ is Guilty But Not of Murder," by William Dear.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Kidding aside, I like it, but I have one question: If you lose the case, is the book dead?

If so, it's added incentive to get this person, and I like that. People tell me that readers don't like to read about writers (say that ten times fast) but I would love to. A writer on the trail of a killer??? I'd read it.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Kidding aside, I like it, but I have one question: If you lose the case, is the book dead?

If so, it's added incentive to get this person, and I like that. People tell me that readers don't like to read about writers (say that ten times fast) but I would love to. A writer on the trail of a killer??? I'd read it.

You know, that's a great question. I am wondering the same thing. But maybe I could write it as my own journey to obtain justice for this woman, and if I lose, well, that's life: sometimes justice eludes us.

But man, I hate losing!

Status
Not open for further replies.