New "self publishing" radio station

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
I came across a net radio station that conducts interviews with "self publishing" companies once a week. I put the self publishing in quotes because so far, POD and vanity presses have been featured.

The interviewer is aware of this and asks the interviewees very pointed questions. It's quite amusing to listen to the convoluted answers.

It's located at: http://wbjbradio.com/index.php

All the interviews are in the archives.

When listening to the AuthorHouse interview, I checked out their web site. I was surprised to see science fiction novels singled out for a sales pitch. Would anyone know why? Are sf authors more likely to go vanity/POD?

tcnixon

brinkett said:
When listening to the AuthorHouse interview, I checked out their web site. I was surprised to see science fiction novels singled out for a sales pitch. Would anyone know why? Are sf authors more likely to go vanity/POD?

For whatever reason, it seems, people interested in science fiction also want to write science fiction. Since sci-fi is a relatively small publishing field, most will never be able to get their work published by a traditional publisher.

Tom Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.