Help needing writing music for my lyrics

clarity_jane

The Punk Prophet
Registered
Reaction score
I have just started learning how to play guitar but am not advanced enough to begin writing my own music i have lots of lyrics that i would like to be able to put to music, the style i am looking at is Punk Accoustic i want the music to have a kind of RAW feel to it i will post a sample of one of my songs here for you to take a look at and if you feel you could help me out just post a message here or email me at [email protected]

An Army Of Us

We are what you were

the youth of today

Correcting all the problems

y'all left in your wake

Bleeding hearts and racist

wounds

parading as freaks nows

our time lest review

An army of us

is there any other way

come join the revolution

lets do it our own way

eliminate the guns, the blades

the fights

lets get back to basics

teach kids wrong from right

no wars will we begin

there will be a happy end

to all the negative concoctions

you all built up in your heads

you had your time

now time is ours we'll

bring truth back to your smiles

so sit back relax and look

forward to a world without

denials.​

SindbadtheSailor

mirror it on every tear
Registered
Reaction score
peace,

I think you could add a mellow paragraph in the middle. You obviously send out the message, but if you take your song to a level of less emotions and then suddenly increase it I think it will sound better. Like you could add some lyrics in italics and soften your voice and guitar when you reach there. I like your anti-war message. We don't hear too many of these nowadays.

Sindbad.

clarity_jane

The Punk Prophet
Registered
Reaction score
DeathsLove said:
I like it but i agree w/ sindbad. What do u need help w/?

Like is said i am only a beginner when it comes to writing music so i am looking for someone with knowledge of Music composition to write some music to accompany my lyrics

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
I know next to nothing about music composition, but have been around music (including my current stint of playing the electric bass) for long enough to realize that music is almost all about patterns.

First thing you're probably going to want to do is to figure out how many counts the lyrics of each line are going to fit in.

For example:
(granted, I'm not sure what kind of music is in the "punk acoustic" genre...)

"We are what you were" would probably work with four counts (three counts for the lyrics, with a pause on the fourth)...and you can also work in the next line "the youth of today" into the same set of four counts. Once you find the counts that work for you, try to work all your lines into that same number of counts per line.

How much of a "beginner" are you on the guitar?

OPOSITE PROBLEM

Hi I have oposite problem. I like to write music but I can't write lyrics. Send me some of yours give me few days, and I'll send you some ideas back in form of mp3. :Clap: :Guitar: :hat:

clarity_jane

The Punk Prophet
Registered
Reaction score
98674589 said:
Hi I have oposite problem. I like to write music but I can't write lyrics. Send me some of yours give me few days, and I'll send you some ideas back in form of mp3. :Clap: :Guitar: :hat:

Thanks that would be great, email me at [email protected] and we can go from there

Way too public

Words like "youth" "correcting" concoctions" don't sing well with me.

You almost need to isolate those words to make em work.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Way too public. great to see some new blood here. This used to be a happening place a couple of years ago.

Songwriting is a tough forum because the business is a whole nuther thing than the practice or hobby.

LaBelle is new too. Maybe we can get something going.