• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers wanted: Post-Apocolyptic YA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested. I quite liked your first chapter. I'm American, but the bulk of my reading is by British authors.
What kind of critique are you looking for? Overall or line-by-line?

Last edited:

PenTeller

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested. I quite liked your first chapter. I'm American, but the bulk of my reading is by British authors.
What kind of critique are you looking for? Overall or line-by-line?

It should be pretty polished, grammatically, so I'm hoping there aren't any glaring errors! General critique would be great, I'll hopefully be having one or two other people doing line-by-line so I wouldn't want to inflict that on everyone.

Thanks! I should have it ready by tomorrow (still doing some edits on the last few chapters).

Ashley

valeriec80

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested. I'm in the planning stages of my own post apocalyptic YA, so we could talk genre issues like, "How will they get electricity?" ;)

Mostly kidding. The very last part of your first chapter really drew me in, and I think that I must, must know why these parents are going on holiday when the world is ending.

As for me, I'm an American as well, so I don't know how much help I'd be on the British front. I teach high school English, so I'm pretty good with finding any errors you might have missed. I also love YA fiction.

How about you? What kind of time frame are you looking at here? When would you like your betas to have the book read and back to you?

(I'm also a bit new to this beta thing--I expect you send the manuscript in electronic format?)

Status
Not open for further replies.