PDA

View Full Version : New blog - 'Real Vampire'

8thSamurai
08-22-2009, 12:58 AM
I wanted to try writing a rambling, diary entry style piece of fiction about a woman who's turning into a vampire. I'd love some thoughts about it.

http://bloodandwhine.wordpress.com

Samantha's_Song
08-22-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm just going to have a look at your blog, but I was wondering if you've ever read, 'The Journal of Edwin Underhill,' by Peter Tonkin? I read this novel way back in the summer of 1983. It's great and he gives wonderful descriptions of how his psyche is changing as he's becoming a vampire.

Samantha's_Song
08-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Your voice is coming over okay, but I'd need to see more of this to see if I could really get into it.

veinglory
08-22-2009, 01:47 AM
The template is fine, but could be customised more. I would suggest that you fill in the "about" page. The average reader needs to know at least as much as you told us in your post here :)

8thSamurai
08-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Never heard of it, Samantha - definitely something to put on my 'must read list'! (Which is about a zillion things long... :)

Thanks, veinglory! For some reason, I thought I'd already done the 'about' bit - probably forgot to save it, I've been a bubblehead lately.

I like the colors as is - I think I'm going to add some of my own artwork to each post just for giggles.

8thSamurai
08-22-2009, 07:03 AM
:) fixed that 'about' page - thank you!

I'll probably bump this thread in a few weeks when I have illustrations up :).

Tara McClendon
08-26-2009, 02:50 AM
I think it looks good, but I do think you need to add some graphics to the text.

8thSamurai
09-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Thank you. Trying to learn CSS as we speak...

lostwanderer5
09-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Nice layout, and tidy look. I like that. In the left column, if you don't have any categories then you may as well take out the "category" area, instead of showing all posts as "uncategorised".

Sorry, I am obsessive. :P

Your voice come across evenly in all entries, and it's interesting. As there are a lot of vampire fans out there, I am sure this blog has good potential as you post more.