Archive of the NEPAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveKuzminski

Ah, okay

No problem, Euan, but I just wasn't certain, so I had to ask. Thanks for the clarification.

Deejay816

TCC

James - That would actually be Tarrant County College - the northwest campus. I know because it's just a few miles from my house. Are we absolutely certain she teaches there? I am just floored by that whole concept -

Deej

FM St George

Re: About those threats

her website at www.geocities.com/oh2bawriter/

says this:

I am an author and writer!
My credits include (at present) teaching Creative Writing through the Continuing Education class for Senior Citizens at North West Tarrant County College in Ft Worth, Texas. I produce and contibute to printed Anthologies for the students and staff. During the Fall 2002 semester we had a wonderful 150 page Anthology which included poetry, fiction and non-fiction.

same one?

arainsb123

This was looooongg!!

Wow, I actually finished reading every single post in this thread! Thanks to this site, WritersNet, Preditors and Editors, and Writer Beware, I've decided not to sign with PublishAmerica. Thanks to all of you for posting your PA experiences!

DaveKuzminski

Good point!

I believe Kevin Yarbrough brought out a good point over on the Case Watchers forum when he replied to Maxwell who stated that authors can negotiate their contracts with PA that the PA web site specifically states that they have one contract for everyone.

DaveKuzminski

Case Watchers

Oh, you're missing all the action. It's at URL amazingforums.com/forum2/...forum.html

Argh, too late. They're closing. I wouldn't be surprised if PA in the guise of Maxwell forced them to close because he was being caught in his own twisted logic. Maxwell said he'd provide proof and the only way out of that was to force the board to close.

XThe NavigatorX

Re: The Truth About Dave

No, I'd seen it before, but it looks like it's gone now. All that's left is a nasty note about you.

bluwinteryfox

Re: Case Watchers

The board is now closed. Wow Dave, I bet you didn't know you wheeled that much power. I just wonder who made the special request for the board to close. Any guesses?
Monique

DaveKuzminski

Do I have any idea who?

I tried to warn them about what PA did to Writers Island.

XThe NavigatorX

Re: The truth?

I've never heard of Writer's Island. Is there a story written online somewhere?

DaveKuzminski

Writers Island

Several years ago, a PA writer created a site called Writers Island. To my understanding, he actually had PA as a paying sponsor for his site. He asked on the site what was the problem between PA and P&E and some of the writers posted about it. Next thing you know, PA ordered him to cease the discussion. When he didn't since it was his site, PA removed his book from the market. In order to get his book back on sale, he was forced to close down his site.

When I saw the discussion about PA at Case Watchers and the direction it was taking, I felt motivated to give them a warning about what might happen.

AnneMarble

The board is now closed. Wow Dave, I bet you didn't know you wheeled that much power. I just wonder who made the special request for the board to close. Any guesses?

I can guess.

So much for anyone who was hoping to use that board to help them find missing family members, loved ones, etc. or discuss other crimes, trials, etc. Of course, they'll blame Dave for that, even though they started all, or almost all (I've forgotten and it's gone now) of the posts.

P.S. :bang

DaveKuzminski

Defunct board

Yes, that's why they left that remnant there with my name on it. PA wants that there. They'll point that out and new writers who don't know better might believe it. Those who know the truth will know that it was caused by PA.

I figure it's only a matter of time before the site operator removes that once it becomes apparent that PA isn't helping her cause. If she wants to help missing people, then her book needs better distribution that what PA offers. She can't spend her time selling when she needs it for missing people cases. Once that logic hits her, she'll be ready to admit that PA is the true culprit.

KW

Good point!

To bad I never got an answer for that one Dave. Would have liked an answer from Mr. Pate as well to see if the authors could track how many books of ours are printed. As for the standard contract? Here it is.

"Why Publish with PublishAmerica?
Absolutely NO Publishing Fee Required, online or by mail.
Complimentary books are given to the author, free of charge.
Initial response after the first inquiry is approximately two to three weeks.
There is only one standard package for first time authors."

This is on the same page as their "we have a full fledged marketing department intent on the growth of the company."

So, I guess Maxwell was wrong huh? I have heard of authors negotiating the contract, but only for more authors books. The ones I mentioned to Maxwell; return-ability, marketing, bigger advance, ARC's sent out, they would rather rescind the contract then do all of those.

She owned the board, I don't think it would be hard enough for her to check and see who was doing the posting. Oh, well. I tried to warn them about PA, but they didn't want to see it. I can only do what I can do. People either listen or they don't. I know my posts at mindsight have brought me numerous emails from PA authors wanting to know what was up or just to tell e their stories.

Kevin

KW

Casewatchers

What does seem odd to me is that it was closed due to a special request. Request from whom?

Kevin

XThe NavigatorX

Re: TCC

Thanks for the info on Writer's Island.

The Marti character is talking about the board on the PA board now www.publishamerica.com/cg...l/1503.htm

What's really sad, to me, is that she really believes everything she says, and she truly sees Dave and his imaginary posse of reviewers as out to get her because they can't reach PA. If such a thing really was happening to her, it'd be outrageous. The fact it's untrue doesn't change how she feels, though. That really sucks.

"Blastphemous" :rollin I think I just found the perfect name for my band.

DaveKuzminski

Re: TCC

I don't believe that anyone attacked the site owner. If she can't stand opposing views, then she might have been right to shut her site down.

However, I still believe that those remarks about being requested and about being "too close to the truth" mean that she was forced by PA to shut down.

Forgot to mention this:

Interestingly enough, two attempts were made to shut down the Publish America Yes or No? web site. In fact, the host received five identical letters from PA authors demanding it be closed. At this rate, PA will cause that site to abandon its neutrality.

By the way, I doubt that any PA author has noticed yet, but the only positive remark (up to now) concerning the PA Facts page on that site wasn't even written by a PA supporter.

Deejay816

Re: Good point!

Oh, I wish I could warn her students too! I looked at the TCC Northeast campus website and there are creative writing classes listed but no indication of who's teaching them. You would think TCC would check credentials, but I guess not.

Deej

DaveKuzminski

I meant to mention something else regarding Mr. Pate at Lightning Source. I wrote to his company asking if he could clarify which of PA's two claims of book sales (250k or 1m) was closest to accurate since both have been publicly claimed by PA.

I have a feeling that PA isn't happy with the fact that Mr. Pate showed up to give some accurate figures and a URL for more on what Lightning Source charges along with those other notables, none of whom were called upon by me. I have, though, sent thanks to Gordon and Teresa for their support. I had to post my thanks to Gordon in his own forum since I don't have his email address, so I hope he finds it.

I don't believe that I wield any power, but I do believe I have integrity, determination, and persistence. Those go a long way with support from good people like those from AW and other places who pointed out the truth on my behalf. Thank you, everyone. I'd give you each a personal thanks, but I didn't get every page copied from Case Watchers before it shut down. Still, I'll remember that many of you were there when it mattered.

vstrauss

"Maxwell" was Willem. I recognized the language. He's like a broken record.

- Victoria

DaveKuzminski

That's what I thought, Victoria. That explains why the place folded. I got the better of him before and did it again. I know he's definitely not happy with anyone from Lightning Source showing up, either.

Hey Willem, when are you going to hire someone with brains to argue with us?

BeckEaston

It's a free forum site

I thought, what the heck? I could check it out and see how easy it was for this Marti to gather a forum all on her own and low and behold, it was extremely easy. Check it out, I did it too. Hers is closed...mine is open. LOL

amazingforums.com/forum2/...forum.html

You go Dave!!! I watched it all! :clap

DaveKuzminski

Re: It's a free forum site

It looks marvelous, Rebecca. I'll try to stop in from time to time. If anyone asks for me, give me a holler and I'll visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.