• Hate it. Like hell on Earth.

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I hate my job. Luckily, I'm only 25 with no family and can go back to school.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I fell into my job after a lengthy time off (17 years). It started out as a temp job and has turned into full-time with bennies. I sit at a desk most of the day. I work on a compy or with papers, lots of internet research and database management. I'm DYING here. Really. I'm a people person. The only reason I didn't check "I hate it" is because I'm so freaking thankful to have ANY job given the current economy and my lackluster resume after staying home with kids.

*pants*

Gee! I feel better now. :tongue

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a case manager for people with disabilities. Despite the stress and long hours, I love my job. I do wish my agency would hire more case managers, though. I've got a double caseload right now and it's exhausting.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I started my business because I couldn't stand working for anyone else. That was a long time ago (over twenty years). I still work long hours, and parts of the year I don't get any time off for weeks, sometimes months. But I never complain about the hours or the pay or anything else because there's no one else to complain to unless I look hard into a mirror, which I avoid even while shaving...

Kenzie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm job-hunting right now, so I'd be in the 'grateful for anything' camp if I got one. But I loved my last job (deputy editor for a publishing company in London) and kind of hated the one before that (deputy editor for a publishing company here in Brisbane, but a tiny company with a very disorganised publisher).

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a job other than writing so I guess I can't complain.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I hate my job. I work for the local government, and the politics are just too overwhelming. Fortunately, I'm only here for another week (and a half) and as of September, I'm going back to my research lab on campus, where everyone is cool and groovy and things actually get done.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Um...sleepsheep? That was your 666th post. :tongue

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
Um...sleepsheep? That was your 666th post. :tongue

That is awesome indeed! And how appropriate that it was about my sucky job. My next milestone will be when I reach 3,141 posts (aka Pi posts)... hopefully, it'll be about something more pleasant.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Better get posting then. :)

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
You forgot one option. I wish I had one.

True true. I'm a stay at home Mom who wishes she could find a job. It's hard returning to work after staying at home for five years. God... it has been five years... and in this job market? Heh...

I did vote that i loved it though, because I am a stay at home mom. Who wouldn't want to stay home with the kids, right? I love being here for them, but it's non-paying... and the bills don't care for the non-paying thing LOL.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
That is awesome indeed! And how appropriate that it was about my sucky job. My next milestone will be when I reach 3,141 posts (aka Pi posts)... hopefully, it'll be about something more pleasant.

Not 1337 posts?

/sad panda

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Actually, I walked in to my boss's office today (he's the owner, and I've been there 5 years) at 4:30 and handed him my key to the front door and my resignation letter. Then I proceeded to tell him what I thought of the company, and him, and the way he runs the company (tyrant-like). He has always been somewhat a**holey to the employees.

But, I've always wanted to do that, just once in my life. Let the boss/owner know exactly what I thought about them. and it felt. GREAT.

I did not curse, and I was very professional and calm. We talked for an hour and a half.

Then I noticed that he was crying! Then he told me that he and his wife were talking about me the other day, and they agreed that I was 'one of the best employees he'd ever had in 23 years, and that they felt that I was one of the most exceptional, upstanding, and intelligent individuals they'd ever met!

My hearing is somewhat bad, and he was mumbling/crying, and I had to cup my hand behind my ear and ask him to repeat that last part. So, NOW, I'm convinced that he thinks I did that just to twist the knife in a little deeper. (but I didn't, I really AM hard of hearing and he knows it)

At that point, I wanted to get out of there so badly. LOL I guess you could say that he 'reversed the whip' on me.

But, it's done, and I'm outta there, and the stress is falling away.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score

That is good to hear. Usually I hold a "buck it up" view on work (I think people these days are misled into believing that a job should feel like play, which is resulting in terrible, spoiled work ethics). But you were clearly in a truly toxic work situation and had to leave; I've been there before, and I've watched other people in that spot as well ... getting out does wonders for one's self-esteem.

I like my current job. I work in a small waterjet machine shop, as the head finisher. It's hard work, involving heavy lifting and dangerous machinery - in no air conditioning, and little heating. However, working there is like being part of a secondary family. We fight. We love each other. We work well as a team.

P.S. I come home DIRTY from this job! (All covered in steel dust, which looks black on human skin.)

Last edited:

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Actually, I walked in to my boss's office today (he's the owner, and I've been there 5 years) at 4:30 and handed him my key to the front door and my resignation letter. Then I proceeded to tell him what I thought of the company, and him, and the way he runs the company (tyrant-like). He has always been somewhat a**holey to the employees.

But, I've always wanted to do that, just once in my life. Let the boss/owner know exactly what I thought about them. and it felt. GREAT.

I did not curse, and I was very professional and calm. We talked for an hour and a half.

Then I noticed that he was crying! Then he told me that he and his wife were talking about me the other day, and they agreed that I was 'one of the best employees he'd ever had in 23 years, and that they felt that I was one of the most exceptional, upstanding, and intelligent individuals they'd ever met!

My hearing is somewhat bad, and he was mumbling/crying, and I had to cup my hand behind my ear and ask him to repeat that last part. So, NOW, I'm convinced that he thinks I did that just to twist the knife in a little deeper. (but I didn't, I really AM hard of hearing and he knows it)

At that point, I wanted to get out of there so badly. LOL I guess you could say that he 'reversed the whip' on me.

here's hoping you have another job to take that one's place.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started my business because I couldn't stand working for anyone else. That was a long time ago (over twenty years). I still work long hours, and parts of the year I don't get any time off for weeks, sometimes months. But I never complain about the hours or the pay or anything else because there's no one else to complain to unless I look hard into a mirror, which I avoid even while shaving...
Then quit shaving and grow a beard.

Problem? SOLVED!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm presently not working, other than writing but my wife says that's not working - I enjoy it too much. But I am getting paid. I had a really bad time in my last job nearly four years ago and suffered severe clinical depression. It was deemed work related so I continued to receive my pay. I was then layed off as 'permanently unfit for work' and started receiving superanuation instead of my pay. Then the workplace insurers who had been paying my wage decided that I should be getting paid anyway (until I'm 65, in a few months time). So I've been able to put all my efforts into my writing whilst getting two pays. I've had to complete annual updates to declare what I receive and I've told the truth that I get two pays and they say that's ok - so I've not argued about it at all. So you might have an inkling as to why I voted that I'm very happy with my work situation at the moment.