PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts, comments, and opinions

GabrielNovo
08-20-2009, 02:53 AM
I've been writing a blog for a bit now and was wondering what the general opinion of it was. Mostly layout, ease of reading and other such minutia. If you want to comment about the content, bonus for me.

It's called the Cuban Nomad (http://gabrielnovo.com/). Feel free to check it out.

Your two cents are most welcome.

veinglory
08-21-2009, 05:28 AM
Overall, very nice--clean template and good content. I think there are two small things that make the page look a bit unbalanced. One is you banner picture. Is it optimised? It took about 15s to load and I think it would make more sense to have it behind your title. The picture is nice but uses a lot of above the fold space. Also you have a lot of blank right column space.

GabrielNovo
08-21-2009, 07:15 AM
I installed WP Super Cache to see if it'll speed up website delivery. Those images aren't optimized by me in any way, but I didn't think there was a noticeable delay either. The pics actually rotate, making the header a different experience each time. The pics are the only part that change.

The column space is a good point. I didn't want to over clutter it, resulting in a wall of text, but too little could have the opposite effect. Thanks for taking a look.

Tara McClendon
08-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Hi,

I think this looks pretty good. The picture loaded fine for me, but it didn't rotate, so maybe I'm missing something.

GabrielNovo
09-19-2009, 02:01 AM
After veinglory's suggestion, I trimmed the header image down to just one.

charlotte49ers
09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I like it! My suggestion would be to select a different color for your post headers. They blend in a bit too much with the black type, so my eye doesn't natural locate the separation. Maybe use the same red that is in your coffee-cup?

The Grump
09-26-2009, 02:18 AM
I'm impressed you've kept your blog going for five months, was it? [Things going in my eyes tend to dribble out my ears.]