• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Like to tear it up? No holds barred? I'm your whipping boy (er, girl.) Oh hell, I..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
just need an honest and objective mentor. I like blunt criticism. That's not to say that I'm a masochist or anything. I have just found that when it's in the interest of making my work better, it doesn't (usually) hurt me. I don't cry easily.

I'm very dedicated to improving my skills. I'm actually treating the 'Learn Writing With Uncle Jim' thread as a course. I've given myself two weeks to read the entire thread, take notes and put the pointers into practice. (I'm on page nineteen.) I am re-reading 'Elements of Style' and have supplemented it with 'Grammar For Dummies.' I am tired of screwing around and whining about how much I'd like to be a writer.

I have seen that there are some experienced and brilliant writers on this site. If you are one of these and have some time, I would value your mentorship. I have a couple of writing samples on this site and plenty of others if needs be. Or give me a test... a writing prompt. See if I'd be a worthy protoge. I'm fun too! Make me laugh and I'll try to return in kind.

Wow, this really came out sounding like a personals add, didn't it? Oh well, I guess it kinda is... :ROFL:

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I am tired of screwing around and whining about how much I'd like to be a writer.

Well, you've certainly got the attitude right. How about posting links to some of those writing samples so curious members can see what you've got without having to search?

Good luck! :)

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've just been reading some of your stuff and I'm quite inclined to volunteer, at least on a trial basis. I've got plenty of time with nothing to do but read, and you can find some of my own writing here. Email me if you want to talk about it (address is on my profile).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.