Book Tour Revolutionized

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Margaret Atwood is revolutionizing the traditional book tour with the release of her latest novel:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/Books/article/682326

"It's a chance to break free from the traditional structure of a book tour," Atwood said in a statement. "I felt this particular novel deserved a more complex presentation. It's also a great chance to work with other creative minds and see their interpretation of the story come to light."
The hour-long performance will feature 14 hymns – one for each chapter – which Atwood wrote, to the music of L.A.-based composer Orville Stoeber.
A three-person cast will perform along with a choir, all of whom will be local talent. Atwood has helped to design an interactive website for the book tour, including a blog and a Twitter feed.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. To me, listening to an author doing a charmingly nervous reading and then answering questions (for free!) sounds infinitely more pleasing than paying to suffer through an hour of hymn-singing vaguely related to a book.

While I'm ranting, Margaret Atwood please stop pretending that you aren't a science fiction writer!

Status
Not open for further replies.