Which Writers' Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
I would like some suggestions as to which writers conferences are good for beginning writers? Are there any good ones in UK or do they all happen just in USA?

I would especially love to hear from people who have attended them. I've never been to one, and hoping to plan for one next year if I can save the money, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
What kind of writing do you do? There are some that specialize in certain genres, such as romance. Scifi/fantasy conventions usually have writing programs & panels. Colleges & schools sometimes sponsor one say writer gatherings where you can go.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
If you're in the UK, I can recommend the Winchester Writers' Conference. Lots of different talks and workshops going on, many especially tailored for new or beginner writers, and you also get to sign up for one-to-ones with editors and agents.

I've been for three years running now, and I find it immensely helpful.

It's usually held at the beginning of July. The website still has info on this year's programme, but it will give you an idea of the sort of things it offers, and you can sign up to go on the mailing list for next year.

Shara

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
Khaz, my main focus is sci-fi/fantasy writing.

I am interested in professional conferences which are done by successfully published authors.

Thanks Karen, I will check out that website.

Shara, thank you. UK sounds good. But is it helpful for fantasy/sci-fi interest?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
There will be a free half-day SF/F/H writers workshop at Eastercon next year.
The tutors will include several agented writers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.