Lesser Actors/Actresses You Love

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
We all have them...those actors and actresses who are not huge...but you get that little feeling every time you see them in something. I'm not talking about crushes...I'm talking about phenomenal acting chops!

Here is my #1 pick:

1815072.jpg
55089906.jpg

Kathleen Wilhoite. Acting chops and then some.

More about her

Who are your favourite non-huge-name actors?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Would someone like Gary Sinise fit your definition of "lessor actor"? Or is someone like that too well-known to fit into the category?

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Would someone like Gary Sinise fit your definition of "lessor actor"? Or is someone like that too well-known to fit into the category?

it is a fine line, isn't it. he's huge to some...but not blockbuster. i think i would include him, yes. i think he's great. i guess we could be talking about those who we may consider underrated too.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Loaded with talent, but, unfortunately overshadowed by Drew Barrymore.

beverly_hills_chihuahua_31.jpg

Bitch couldn't even keep her shoes on.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
i've been punkd[SUP]tm[/SUP] by a mod. damn.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I'll occasionally see a relatively unknown actor in something and think they turned in a terrific performance and hope they receive some critical notice. But then, after a little while, I'll forget who they were. I can almost see some of these actors in my mind, but I can't quite recall who, or what they were in.

Well, it has been a long, hard workday for me (big project going out Thursday), so I'll use that as an excuse.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I really like Paul Bettany. I don't always like the movies he's in, many times I'm not even interested enough to see them, but his acting is always superb. Favorites are Master and Commander, A Beautiful Mind, and The Reckoning.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I really like Paul Bettany. I don't always like the movies he's in, many times I'm not even interested enough to see them, but his acting is always superb. Favorites are Master and Commander, A Beautiful Mind, and The Reckoning.

yes. i agree! he's spectacular.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
i've been punkd[sup]tm[/sup] by a mod. damn.

:gone:

I'll leave, but just don't forget the folks who do the voice overs. How many times have you said, "I know that voice," but couldn't come up with the name? Many of them fit the type of actor/actress you are talking about.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
:gone:

I'll leave, but just don't forget the folks who do the voice overs. How many times have you said, "I know that voice," but couldn't come up with the name? Many of them fit the type of actor/actress you are talking about.

come on, please. it's usually either Kiefer or his daddy Donald. what do you take me for?

Reaction score
I saw what you did there, bitch.

Anyone who insults the Farrell gets called out, and a barman's comb to the scalp.

ASSUME THE POSITION.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Neil Patrick Harris. You know how some people have gay crushes on straight people? I'm the opposite with NPH.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Brendan Gleesan, Steve Buscemi, though I hate to suggest he is somehow less than famous, Maggie Smith... Paul Giamatti

I have a feeling my list has a lot of English folk who are quite big across the pond, and I hate to suggest they are somehow B list.... I do not mean to offend... for instance, Robbie Coltrain is HUGE in England... and I would probably list all of Tim Burton's regular list of suspects...

I'm a huge movie fan....

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if she's a lesser actress -- she may be more an up-and-comer -- but I always look forward to seeing Natalie Dormer in something.

Reaction score
Brendan Gleesan, Steve Buscemi, though I hate to suggest he is somehow less than famous, Maggie Smith... Paul Giamatti

I have a feeling my list has a lot of English folk who are quite big across the pond, and I hate to suggest they are somehow B list.... I do not mean to offend... for instance, Robbie Coltrain is HUGE in England... and I would probably list all of Tim Burton's regular list of suspects...

I'm a huge movie fan....

Robbie Coltrane? English? Since when?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since he's got one of them there accents that sounds all Britisher and such. You know how we Yanks are. Australian = Welsh = Scottish = French = British. It's all the same to us.