Angela James has left Samhain

Status
Not open for further replies.

para

Registered
Reaction score
It's interesting but it doesn't move Quartet from wait and see for me, sorry. I'd like to see how the house is run first before I submit and I really am not keen on the idea of net royalties. I remember other new ebook houses that great editors have joined and some of their authors followed them and ended up having to leave in the end when things didn't go as planned.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting with para on this one. There's more to consider than who works there. Market share is pretty established and has been for a while.

Last edited:

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
I wish Angela James the best, I hope she made the right career move.

Now about Quartet Press, it looks interesting. Except like Para said; the Net royalties issue. Which is good only for them as a business.

They might have a good commercial agenda though. I found this post (please note the part about Anne Frasier aka Teresa Weir, they are publishing her old work too)

http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/200...s-samhain-other-stuff-thats-not-as-important/

and if they are going to re-publish old successful books catered to a new readers/generation, they could have part of their success covered. It has been done before in the music industry. Songs younger people would not listen from an old singer, they would enjoy/buy from a contemporary one.

mlhernandez

Registered
Reaction score
Yep. Still a wait and see for me. I'm really curious about the launch titles. Oh, and that net royalty bit.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
"Net" can evolve into really, really putrid royalty checks. I know. Been there.

Not planning on getting the tee shirt, though.

Can you post a bigger version of that cover in your avatar? I'm lovin it :)

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That's awful, poor Angela. I read on her blog how they insisted over and over with her to go working with them, and now this.

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
I have the hunch they will be reincarnating very soon.

About Angela, I think she should do her own business, even if it's small at first. She already has enough experience to do so.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.