Darkest Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
So, I got the demo of Darkest Days and, WOW!

A first person shooter with a creative premise! Who saw that coming!

You play as Alex, a soldier under General Custer at the battle of Little BigHorn

You get an arrow in the leg and would have died...if it weren't for the time traveler that appears before you, grabs you, and sucks you off into an adventure through time and space, to put things right where it once went wrong.

Think Quantum Leap meets the Time Tunnel, with way more shooting shit.

So far, its execution is stellar...its not the prettiest FPS, nor the most polished, but goddamn if its not a clever premise executed well.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You bastard! In the name of John Lee Hooker, I'll get weapons of the future for the south!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, you fight on both sides in major conflicts.

IN fact, in the demo, you have to keep certain confederate and union soldiers alive as they are vital to the future of the human race for various reasons.

But the level I'm looking forward too is running around Pompeiie in power armor with a phased plasma rifle, hunting other people from the future.

Pew pew!

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, you fight on both sides in major conflicts.

IN fact, in the demo, you have to keep certain confederate and union soldiers alive as they are vital to the future of the human race for various reasons.

But the level I'm looking forward too is running around Pompeiie in power armor with a phased plasma rifle, hunting other people from the future.

Pew pew!

Odd they would go to Pompeii, a provincial town small enough for you to get them without (one hopes) too much trouble.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
You bastard! In the name of John Lee Hooker, I'll get weapons of the future for the south!

I thought Hooker was a Yankee. I guess if he were working for the South the whole time, that would explain a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.