PDA

View Full Version : My first rejection! Woo-hoo!!! Form letter?

Morgan A.
08-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Hey All,

I've just received my first rejection ever! I'm not feeling any dejection; I'm just happy that I got a fairly quick response. I think it's a personalized form letter, but I'd love some feedback from those who know - I've not yet mastered the art of rejection letter interpretation ;) I've sent out only five queries at the moment, in case the responses are negative and I need to do some rewrites (this is the first response I've received).

"Dear Morgan, Thank you for your email query. I appreciate the opportunity to consider THE GARGOYLE CAPER for possible representation, but Iím afraid Iím not the right agent for it. The concept just didnít grab me, and you deserve an enthusiastic agent who can champion your work. Of course this is only one response, and tastes vary widely among agents. I wish you the best of luck finding the right home for your work. Sincerely [agent's name]."

Whatcha think?

scarletpeaches
08-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Seems like form to me.

But I love how your thread title has a ":D" in it.

dawinsor
08-18-2009, 02:48 AM
It's a form with your name and book title filled in.

the addster
08-18-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm not real familiar with fiction rejections, but I've got to guess it a form rejection. Thanks...but not the right agent...not personal...good luck. Pretty much standard form content.

Congrats, it's a first step. Wish I could buy you a drink.

You'll know your query is really getting through when you get more specific reasons for rejection. Or a bite on a partial. Or in my case when they feel free to insult you.

Adam
08-18-2009, 02:52 AM
YAY!!! :D

Another rung on the ladder to greatness. :)

AnonymousWriter
08-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Good to see you smiling, regardless.

Keep the positivity up and good luck with the rest of your submissions. :D

Morgan A.
08-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Awww, thanks all. Addster - I'd love that drink. In fact, I think I'm going to go find some gin to celebrate.

scarletpeaches
08-18-2009, 03:16 AM
I love your attitude, I really do. It's so refreshing. :D

nitaworm
08-18-2009, 06:50 AM
LOL! You go! That's the way to do it. React positively, that at least means someone saw it, read it and took the time to respond.

Hailey-Edwards
08-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I like that you're staying positive. It's always better to hear a definitive "no" than to be left hanging.