Writing a Proposal for a Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestseller

Registered
Reaction score
Queried an agent about a non-fiction series and got invited to send in my proposal. Should my proposal be on the first book or all four books? Any thoughts?

TashaGoddard

Away with the fairies
Registered
Reaction score
What did the query say? What did the agent's response say? If they both mentioned four books then the proposal should be for all four. If you any mentioned the first book, then do a proposal for that and then maybe a brief blurb-type paragraph about the other three, offering to send proposals for them too.

Those are my thoughts, for what they're worth!

bestseller

Registered
Reaction score
TashaGoddard said:
What did the query say? What did the agent's response say? If they both mentioned four books then the proposal should be for all four. If you any mentioned the first book, then do a proposal for that and then maybe a brief blurb-type paragraph about the other three, offering to send proposals for them too. QUOTE]

Thanks, Tasha, I re-read my query and it proposes the series and a synopsis of each book and 1st three chapters of book one.

The agent's response was to send the proposal and just the entry chapter.

So, I guess I do the proposal for the whole series and chapter one of the 1st book.

I had the proposal for book one written, but I'd have to write one now for the entire series.

Any links to or ideas for writing a proposal for the series?

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.