Usain Bolt is Not of This Earth

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps he is of another Earth, with substantially increased gravity, so that here he feels lighter and fleeter of foot than a normal man should.

9.58 in the 100 meters. I haven't wanted an athlete to not be dirty in so long I can only vaguely remember ever having wanted it before. Please don't be on the dope, Mr. Bolt. Please let this just be super-nature manifested that we are witnessing.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
i think it's all real, all Bolt. don't fear the dope. the man's on fire...but it's his own fire. i love watching him run!

Aschenbach

Moral Marjorie
Registered
Reaction score
He keeps breaking records and beating the world's best sprinters, and still you sense that he is holding back. If he really went flat out it would be something to see, and I think he will do it in the next few years and set a record that will perhaps never be beaten. He is still only 22 (or thereabouts) so still has several years of peak physical condition to exploit.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
19.19 in the 200 today. There aren't proper superlatives. He's a one-man sporting event revolution...

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I heard on CBC Radio on my way home...I jumped up and down. The man can move!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
The guy is just inspiring to watch run.

Meanwhile, there's this weirdness:

From CNN:
South African athletics officials have rallied behind controversial new running star Caster Semenya, who won the women's world 800 meters title just hours after the sport's governing body asked for the 18-year-old's gender to be verified.

The quote that makes me crazy though, is this one:

"The gender verification test is an extremely complex procedure," said IAAF spokesman Nick Davies

Just how complex is "Hey look, no Johnson!"?

just waiting to see who gets it.

Reaction score
Perhaps he is of another Earth, with substantially increased gravity, so that here he feels lighter and fleeter of foot than a normal man should.

9.58 in the 100 meters. I haven't wanted an athlete to not be dirty in so long I can only vaguely remember ever having wanted it before. Please don't be on the dope, Mr. Bolt. Please let this just be super-nature manifested that we are witnessing.

He keeps breaking records and beating the world's best sprinters, and still you sense that he is holding back. If he really went flat out it would be something to see, and I think he will do it in the next few years and set a record that will perhaps never be beaten. He is still only 22 (or thereabouts) so still has several years of peak physical condition to exploit.

Did you see this fucker at the Olympics? He slowed down near the end, gestured to the crowd and jumped over the finish line like it was another day at the office.

Has anyone said 'Lightning Bolt' yet? :D

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
I haven't wanted an athlete to not be dirty in so long I can only vaguely remember ever having wanted it before. Please don't be on the dope, Mr. Bolt. Please let this just be super-nature manifested that we are witnessing.
No lie. This

Did you see this fucker at the Olympics? He slowed down near the end, gestured to the crowd and jumped over the finish line like it was another day at the office.
and this are exactly what I was saying over and over watching him run.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Yeah, he kind of pissed me off with that at the Olympics. I thought that was so arrogant--to celebrate a race before it was over.

But man--those are some unbelievable times. Unbelievable.

Reaction score
Oh I loved it. To me it wasn't arrogant, it was a celebration. If you're good and you know you're good, and you've just won an Olympic gold medal (or are nanoseconds away from doing so), then...screw it, let's party. How often does it happen?

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't mind either, but I'm prone to my own arrogant schmuckitude from time to time so I'm probably not the best guy to gauge whether it should be acceptable or not. To me as long as you're not flipping off your opponents or mooning the crowd it's all good. I just thought he was exuberant.

Reaction score
Exuberant, great way to describe it.

You bet your sweet ass if I won an Olympic gold, I'd party like it was...uh...2009.

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
According to Top Gear, his SHOELACE WAS UNTIED as he did it. WTF?

Mr. Pocket Keeper

Registered
Reaction score
Usain Bolt: Perfect name, Perfect runner.

Yeah, I didn't mind either, but I'm prone to my own arrogant schmuckitude from time to time so I'm probably not the best guy to gauge whether it should be acceptable or not. To me as long as you're not flipping off your opponents or mooning the crowd it's all good. I just thought he was exuberant.

So, mooning the crowd=BAD?? :Huh:

Now ya tell me...

*pulls up my shorts*

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
agree and you're welcome. he's just amazing.
what's more, he doesn't seem to be a total egomaniac.
kind of refreshing...