PDA

View Full Version : Usain Bolt is Not of This Earth

Jcomp
08-17-2009, 01:08 AM
Perhaps he is of another Earth, with substantially increased gravity, so that here he feels lighter and fleeter of foot than a normal man should.

9.58 in the 100 meters (http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletics/-/1100/640946/-/shdl5xz/-/). I haven't wanted an athlete to not be dirty in so long I can only vaguely remember ever having wanted it before. Please don't be on the dope, Mr. Bolt. Please let this just be super-nature manifested that we are witnessing.

KTC
08-17-2009, 01:10 AM
i think it's all real, all Bolt. don't fear the dope. the man's on fire...but it's his own fire. i love watching him run!

Aschenbach
08-17-2009, 04:57 AM
He keeps breaking records and beating the world's best sprinters, and still you sense that he is holding back. If he really went flat out it would be something to see, and I think he will do it in the next few years and set a record that will perhaps never be beaten. He is still only 22 (or thereabouts) so still has several years of peak physical condition to exploit.

Jcomp
08-21-2009, 01:02 AM
19.19 in the 200 today. There aren't proper superlatives. He's a one-man sporting event revolution...

KTC
08-21-2009, 01:04 AM
I heard on CBC Radio on my way home...I jumped up and down. The man can move!

Williebee
08-21-2009, 01:13 AM
The guy is just inspiring to watch run.

Meanwhile, there's this weirdness (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/08/20/athletics.worlds.berlin.semenya.gender/index.html):

From CNN:

South African athletics officials have rallied behind controversial new running star Caster Semenya, who won the women's world 800 meters title just hours after the sport's governing body asked for the 18-year-old's gender to be verified.

The quote that makes me crazy though, is this one:

"The gender verification test is an extremely complex procedure," said IAAF spokesman Nick Davies

Just how complex is "Hey look, no Johnson!"?

just waiting to see who gets it.

scarletpeaches
08-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Perhaps he is of another Earth, with substantially increased gravity, so that here he feels lighter and fleeter of foot than a normal man should.

9.58 in the 100 meters (http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletics/-/1100/640946/-/shdl5xz/-/). I haven't wanted an athlete to not be dirty in so long I can only vaguely remember ever having wanted it before. Please don't be on the dope, Mr. Bolt. Please let this just be super-nature manifested that we are witnessing.

He keeps breaking records and beating the world's best sprinters, and still you sense that he is holding back. If he really went flat out it would be something to see, and I think he will do it in the next few years and set a record that will perhaps never be beaten. He is still only 22 (or thereabouts) so still has several years of peak physical condition to exploit.

Did you see this fucker at the Olympics? He slowed down near the end, gestured to the crowd and jumped over the finish line like it was another day at the office.

Has anyone said 'Lightning Bolt' yet? :D

~*Kate*~
08-21-2009, 01:39 AM
I haven't wanted an athlete to not be dirty in so long I can only vaguely remember ever having wanted it before. Please don't be on the dope, Mr. Bolt. Please let this just be super-nature manifested that we are witnessing.
No lie. This

Did you see this fucker at the Olympics? He slowed down near the end, gestured to the crowd and jumped over the finish line like it was another day at the office.
and this are exactly what I was saying over and over watching him run.

mscelina
08-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Yeah, he kind of pissed me off with that at the Olympics. I thought that was so arrogant--to celebrate a race before it was over.

But man--those are some unbelievable times. Unbelievable.

scarletpeaches
08-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Oh I loved it. To me it wasn't arrogant, it was a celebration. If you're good and you know you're good, and you've just won an Olympic gold medal (or are nanoseconds away from doing so), then...screw it, let's party. How often does it happen?

Jcomp
08-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I didn't mind either, but I'm prone to my own arrogant schmuckitude from time to time so I'm probably not the best guy to gauge whether it should be acceptable or not. To me as long as you're not flipping off your opponents or mooning the crowd it's all good. I just thought he was exuberant.

scarletpeaches
08-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Exuberant, great way to describe it.

You bet your sweet ass if I won an Olympic gold, I'd party like it was...uh...2009.

S.J.
09-12-2009, 06:22 PM
According to Top Gear, his SHOELACE WAS UNTIED as he did it. WTF?

Mr. Pocket Keeper
09-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Usain Bolt: Perfect name, Perfect runner.

Yeah, I didn't mind either, but I'm prone to my own arrogant schmuckitude from time to time so I'm probably not the best guy to gauge whether it should be acceptable or not. To me as long as you're not flipping off your opponents or mooning the crowd it's all good. I just thought he was exuberant.

So, mooning the crowd=BAD?? :Huh:

Now ya tell me...

*pulls up my shorts*

cray
04-26-2010, 08:05 PM
bolt at the penn relays....

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1078141

Jcomp
04-26-2010, 08:10 PM
bolt at the penn relays....

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1078141

Great story / link, thanks for sharing. Shows that, controversial as he may have initially been, ultimately the guy is great for the sport, at least for the moment. Brings in a lot of attention and fans that otherwise might not show up.

cray
04-26-2010, 08:18 PM
agree and you're welcome. he's just amazing.
what's more, he doesn't seem to be a total egomaniac.
kind of refreshing...