For those with idiot bosses

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I just found a fun website.

I have a crazy boss, and I'm sure many of you also do (or have). Mine is of the paranoid variety, but there's a bunch of varieties of crazy listed for your reading pleasure. Not entirely serious, but not entirely silly either. I actually gained a little insight about my nutzo boss and how to survive working for her.

These days, with jobs being scarce, it might just be beneficial to figure out a way to coexist with person who already signs your paycheck instead of blowing out the door and looking for another crazy boss to do the same. Happy reading!

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm my own boss, so I filled it in for myself.

21-45: You're still okay. The boss is a little bent, but who isn't?

I can cope with that. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who works at the corporate office of a Fortune 500 company (the company owns hundreds of discount stores). This week a meeting was called to discuss a problem that was occurring within her department . . . laughing. No, not laughing that was disruptive, just laughing in general. Apparently, someone can't be laughing and working at the same time (plus, I suspect, it shows disrespect for how onerous work is suppose to be--"We didn't hire you to be happy, you stupid wage slaves!").

I swear I'm not making that up.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
According to the quiz, my boss is okay. Which he is, as long as we let him think he's always right :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... anyone who would call their boss 'idiotic' 'crazy' and 'paranoid' on a public message board, behind the back of their employee deserves to be labeled a few choice words, themselves. Even more disturbing is the fact that the individual in question is a Mod who is supposed to be setting an example for members to follow. Will refrain from further comment...

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I actually never see my boss. His office it at another site here in the city. I deal with nurse managers who are pretty decent. Staffing is really good here, they try and give time off when they can and only deny with its practically impossible.. Except for being shortstaffed alot I guess that's our only issue....

Mudcat

Ba-chewy chomp
Registered
Reaction score
I'm self-employed so I am the idiot in question. My relationship with myself is pretty hairy.

I would say more but the first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
... anyone who would call their boss 'idiotic' 'crazy' and 'paranoid' on a public message board, behind the back of their employee deserves to be labeled a few choice words, themselves. Even more disturbing is the fact that the individual in question is a Mod who is supposed to be setting an example for members to follow. Will refrain from further comment...

Good grief. The example was to lighten up and try to laugh and learn to deal with it if your boss is a jerk.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
My boss is crazy, and I don't think he'd object to me saying so. But he's also a fun, self-depricating guy.

For the objectors, Carole's post should probably be taken with the grain of salt it's been served with. It'll make the humor go down easier.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I didn't bother with the quiz... I know the fool is an idiot. He treats us like its our fault our business is going in the pooper, but he never calls back customers, gives us orders 3 or 4 weeks after the customer has given it to him...

did I really need to take the test?