PDA

View Full Version : Submitting Manuscript - cover letter, other questions

Ace!
08-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I've had a manuscript requested. Do you normally include a cover letter, or a copy of the letter requesting the manuscript? I'm wondering if the agent expects the manuscript after requesting it or if they might think it's an unsolicited manuscript if you don't include a cover letter reminding them they requested it?

I was going to send it regular mail, or maybe priority, does it make any difference?

Do you include a cover/title page to the manuscript with name, address, etc?

Thank you.

ChaosTitan
08-14-2009, 07:11 PM
For full manuscript requests, I always included a cover letter with my contact information, as well as a brief "here is the requested manuscript, TITLE, I look forward to hearing from you." Also, if you aren't including postage to have the manuscript returned, make sure to note that it's recyclable. I also included, with the cover letter, a copy of the original query.

Just send it Priority. If I remember correctly, a manuscript weighed too much for First Class. Don't send it Bulk Rate or it will take forever to arrive.

Ace!
08-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Perfect. Thanks!

alleycat
08-15-2009, 12:14 AM
You should include a cover letter.

You should also include a title page with the manuscript that includes your contact information. If you need formatting information, just ask.

Ace!
08-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Thank you, mailed!