EEK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I was eeked by a beta today. I want to dance with this woman, her honesty was overwhelming, I eeked myself when she showed to me that not only did I end a sentence with 'though' I did it in an EEK award winning way.

Beta readers (especially her) are the biggest gift the internet has to offer.

Have you ever had an EEK moment?

vox

Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely. And like you, I was thrilled to get it. Anything that makes my present work stronger and helps me avoid future mistakes is most welcome - no matter how eeky it makes me feel. Honest betas and critters are simply made of gold, I tell ya.

ETA: I really should have said "Yes, LOTS and I was thrilled to get them."

Last edited:

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
My moments are more like "Gah!", generally.

But yeah, I've had quite a few of them. I love it when betas catch that sort of thing and let me know about it. :)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
wtf is an "eek?" Is it anything like a "squee?"

An eek moment is very much like a squee. Eek, is more something a woman on top of a chair would scream at a mouse. Squee, could be a reaction to a range of things.

drksideofthemoon

Nothin' much to say...
Registered
Reaction score
East of the sunset and west of the moon rise...
I was eeked by a beta today. I want to dance with this woman, her honesty was overwhelming, I eeked myself when she showed to me that not only did I end a sentence with 'though' I did it in an EEK award winning way.

Beta readers (especially her) are the biggest gift the internet has to offer.

Have you ever had an EEK moment?

Does having a heart attack and being diagnosed as a type II diabetic on the same day count?

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Hie thee to cuteoverload.com. Squee is the sound you brain makes as you contemplate something so cute it could destroy the earth.

I hadn't considered squee as a good thing. I got a couple of those as well.

And I've definitely had EEK! moments. Usually, though, they're when a reader says, "This scene is too monstrous to keep. I can't believe you have this stuff in your head. Why did you make me have it in mine?"

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't written anything particularly long enough to have a beta yet. But I can't wait!

And now I want to watch Eek! the cat...

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, plenty...and I relished in each. Re-read and re-worked to make something I am proud of.

The other good thing about EEK moments is ... you rarely make those mistakes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.