PDA

View Full Version : Looking for articles to be written or rewritten [Pays $1/400-500 words]

EnjoyWriting
08-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Looking for articles to be written or rewritten with fairly good quality. I am basically looking for someone to write around 400-500 word articles. You will be paid $1 for each article your write or rewrite. I will definitely consider paying more as more articles are submitted, but this is basically on a trial and error basis. I have created a website that includes a submission form at: www.enjoywriting.weebly.com If your interested, or have any questions just send me an email at enjoywriting.weebly@gmail.com.

lostpoet
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Are you sure you meant to type $1 for each article?

Grandmaster
08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I think that this belongs in the UNPAID area.

Maryn
08-12-2009, 05:25 PM
People, please remember that at one time only moderators could respond on this board entirely because of negative comments about pay rates. If we don't like the pay rate, we need not respond. It pays what it pays.

I, for one, like being able to post replies in the Paying Markets section.

Maryn, practical

RedandGold
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
I think you will find a lot more "writers" on the digital point forums if you are looking for adsense fodder articles at $1 each.

KTC
08-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Ours is not to discuss the payment. If you disagree with it...walk away. No need to comment. Really.

Acid
08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
What about making counter offers? Is that allowed?

for instance, I'd do those 400-500 word pieces for $0.50 per word.

veinglory
08-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Send an email to the publisher to negotiate terms.

And please follow the request made above in spirit as well as letter.

Fishyfish
08-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Could people please stop complaining about pay rates?

No, it's not a lot. You will not be rich off of it. Big deal. Haven't you people ever heard of writing for the love of writing? Or of people just starting out who might need a few writing credits before getting the high paid swanky writing jobs? They were straightforward about how much it pays, they didn't try to keep it ambiguous or make the pay rate appear misleading.

They did what they were supposed to do.

Stop whining.

SouthernFriedJulie
08-14-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm not complaining, but I'd like to point out that if the payments are made via PayPal, you won't be getting a full $1 per article. Depending on how this is paid and the type of Paypal account you have- Personal, Premier, Business- you might be looking at 0.75 or less per.

The OP might take that into consideration and raise rates or pay per batch.

Also, the OP may just not have a large budget and is offering what he/she can instead of going around asking for samples and stealing them like so many do on CraigsList and such.

I don't endorse low rates nor do I think we should complain in the Paying Markets forum-I've gotten my wrist slapped for doing just that, I didn't agree at the time, but now I do. Making each thread into a stage for yelling turns off the potential clients that DO pay quite well. And who knows, the OP might get a better budget one day and remember to NOT come here to offer anyone a job. :-(

Karen Duvall
08-14-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm not complaining, but I'd like to point out that if the payments are made via PayPal, you won't be getting a full $1 per article. Depending on how this is paid and the type of Paypal account you have- Personal, Premier, Business- you might be looking at 0.75 or less per.

Just an F.Y.I., I write for Demand Studios and they pay $15/article through PayPal. That price does not get reduced one penny. They pay every Friday without fail and it's exactly $15/article so I don't understand how the OP's pay would get reduced just because they use PayPal to pay writers.

SouthernFriedJulie
08-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Just an F.Y.I., I write for Demand Studios and they pay $15/article through PayPal. That price does not get reduced one penny. They pay every Friday without fail and it's exactly $15/article so I don't understand how the OP's pay would get reduced just because they use PayPal to pay writers.

Some businesses, like Associated Content, Demand, or eHow use Paypal with no fee to the recipient. I'm not sure how this works with them, but as I said, depending on the account, there is normally a fee with a private client.

Paypal now has the Personal tab so that the sender can choose to make sure the recipient gets every penny- but it does cost the sender a small fee. It all depends on the type of account, mine is a Premier so I pay a certain percentage.

This is direct from the PayPal site:
Transaction fees for domestic payments
It's always free to send money to friends and family when you use your PayPal balance or bank account. Fees apply only if the sender uses a credit or debit card, or if you receive any payment for goods or services.

(All of my invoices are sent for services.)

Wayne K
08-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Could people please stop complaining about pay rates?

No, it's not a lot. You will not be rich off of it. Big deal. Haven't you people ever heard of writing for the love of writing? Or of people just starting out who might need a few writing credits before getting the high paid swanky writing jobs? They were straightforward about how much it pays, they didn't try to keep it ambiguous or make the pay rate appear misleading.

They did what they were supposed to do.

Stop whining.
The point was made and seconded.