David Sedaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMac04

I mentioned him in my other thread. It seems I am not the only fan in the forum. I just read his book "Me Talk Pretty One Day." Wow, his wit and sense of humor is so refreshing. I can't wait to read more. Which ones should I read and what about his new book "Children Playing Before a STatue of Hercules"? I know he is the editor but if he thinks these authors are funny Ill take his word.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I think Naked was one of his best. It was my first and I could not put it down!

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
I met David in college . . . we brought him in for a reading. What a hoot he was. I will never forget sitting in the campus chapel (a small school it was, and the work we did to get the grant money and other support for his arrival was tremendous--that college gave us no help). Standing there, playing with his pack of cigarettes, he flat out said his inspiration came from beer and weed. That was beyond funny. The liberals of campus laughed, the conservatives nearly died.

And I really liked Naked and some of the stories from the Christmas book (can't remember the name right now). And now that I teach college classes, I get to assign him to my college writing students. They also think he's great--or as they tell I'm cool (by default) because I assign the "fun" and non-boring reads.

A.--another David Sedaris fan.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I listen to This American Life online during work (for free). He's got some great stuff on the show. He was just on Letterman reading from Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim last week. I'm a big fan.

http://thislife.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.