• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I need an honest reviewer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Days

who cares, anyway?..
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there... I am in desperate need of an honest and cruel reviewer, who would tell me once and forever: "DO. NOT. WRITE. A. WORD. AGAIN."
The book is 100 page half-novel (well, it IS only half so far, since I'm still in hezitation whether it's worth to continue...), extremely eclectic in style and in genre... The plot outline: about a boy from African village who after being kidnapped finds himself in an unlikely slavery ...as a professional soccer player. Yes, it IS as delirious as it sounds... If you agree to it- be prepared to find an abundance of grammar and spelling mistakes- I'm russian, after all...
Your help -whomever, you, kind strange may be- will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

karmalinguist

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there... I am in desperate need of an honest and cruel reviewer, who would tell me once and forever: "DO. NOT. WRITE. A. WORD. AGAIN."
The book is 100 page half-novel (well, it IS only half so far, since I'm still in hezitation whether it's worth to continue...), extremely eclectic in style and in genre... The plot outline: about a boy from African village who after being kidnapped finds himself in an unlikely slavery ...as a professional soccer player. Yes, it IS as delirious as it sounds... If you agree to it- be prepared to find an abundance of grammar and spelling mistakes- I'm russian, after all...
Your help -whomever, you, kind strange may be- will be greatly appreciated!

you should send yours my way as well:) but I won't ever tell someone to stop writing.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
If you use MS Word, Spellchecker is your friend, remember that and always keep it on. :)

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Well, no, they are both proper words. Spellchecker might be a lot of things, but mind-reader I'm afraid it's not. :D
I DO keep it on! :D The problem is - things, let's say, like "soggy" and "saggy" - spellchecker won't figure them!

Strange Days

who cares, anyway?..
Registered
Reaction score
Um... 100 pages? I'll take a looksee!

You've got a PM with my name all over it.

Well, it USED to be 100 pages before one of the very first reviewers recommended me to double-space it, use wider margins and break it into more paragraphs. Now it's significantly more. Same amount of text, though. If you're not scared away by that yet- let me know where I can send it.

Strange Days

who cares, anyway?..
Registered
Reaction score
Spellchecker might be a lot of things, but mind-reader I'm afraid it's not. :D

Oh, what a bummer! :ROFL:
Somebody should use this idea as a plot: Mind-Reading MS Word, who makes suggestions what to write and how to write! :D I'm sure Microsoft would gladly sponsor whomever dares to implement that project! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.