PDA

View Full Version : submitting an e-book to Booklocker.com

mmm... pancakes
06-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi,

Any knowledge on this is welcome.

I appreciate that when someone says something in writers' guidelines that you should never go outside that when submitting.

Booklocker.com says it "does not list or sell" e-books over 3MB, because they take too long to download on a dial-up connection.

My e-book contains several graphics that are crucial to the book. As a PDF file comes to 3.18MB.

So... do y'all think there's any chance of them considering listing something *slightly* over their limit??

I'm dreaming, aren't I?

Susie
06-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi, pancakes,

I really can't answer your question, but Angela Hoy at Booklocker.com is really nice and it would be good to ask her. Much good luck.

susie

mmm... pancakes
07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
I posted a reply before, but it seems to've disappeared. Hm?

Anyway, here it is again:

Thanks! That's a good idea. I'll go to do that now.

Cheers!

robeiae
07-01-2005, 07:27 PM
It may be that their system cannot even receive things over 3MB.

Rob :)

Cathy C
07-01-2005, 07:33 PM
You might consider taking your graphics over to Adobe Photoshop and either lowering the resolution a bit or shrinking the size. Since it will be an e-book, you can probably manage with 100 dpi for the graphics without affecting the quality. Also a change from 3x5 to 2x4 is fairly significant to the overall size of the document.

Good luck!

mmm... pancakes
07-09-2005, 08:53 AM
An update for anyone interested: I e-mailed Angela and asked about sending something over the 3MB limit. She said the amount I was talking about was negligible, and to send it on in!

YAY!

So I'll be doing that shortly.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!