PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Writers wanted for paid web content writing [Pay varies; min. $3/250 words]

Delegate2
08-07-2009, 05:40 PM
The Delegate2 group are a British web content supply company and we are currently looking for freelance work from home writers.

Our main articles consist of 250 words and cover lots of different subject matters so you will never be bored writing the same thing. Ideally we are looking for writers who can turn their hand to any topic, however if you have specific areas of expertise we try to accommodate them.

Each project differs and has varying budgets, so you are informed of the rate of pay for the project before you begin any work, but as a minimum we pay USD3 per 250 words and you can choose how many projects/assignments that you wish to do.

We pay through Paypal a month in arrears.

To find out more and to sign up please visit our dedicated writer recruitment website http://www.freelancewriters.info (part of the Delegate2 group).

lostpoet
08-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know anything about these people? And by arrears does it mean the writers will be paid at the end of the month for the month's work? Sounds risky.

MtgyWriter
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know anything about these people? And by arrears does it mean the writers will be paid at the end of the month for the month's work? Sounds risky.

I have a standing gig with D2. The payment process is pretty straightforward. All the work you do in one calendar month is entered onto a single invoice (they supply the template) and submitted to D2 no later than the 20th of the following month. The invoice is paid no later than the last day of that same month.

For example, I submitted an invoice for my July work this past week. I'll be paid by the 31st of this month for that work.

I've only had one pay glitch with D2 since I started with them this past February. I contacted their Accounts team and the matter was resolved that same day.

My experience with D2 is that they are very ethical folks. Every editor I've worked with thus far has been fanastic in terms of clear communication, cordiality, and support. They are also quick to let writers know they are appreciated - something not all content companies get around to doing.

I've enjoyed the assignments they've sent me thus far, and have no trouble working them in with my other projects. And it is kinda nice to know there is a little extra money coming in before the end of the month.

SiddFisher
08-09-2009, 11:52 AM
I applied but they said they don't take applications from my country:India.
God-damnit!!!!!

padnar
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
That is it, we Indians are the poor third rate cousin.
padma

SiddFisher
08-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Haha!
That was a cool comment.
But Its not fair. Why are these websites not using the talent pool in India, I mean, there are great writers here...............like me and you. :)

padnar
08-11-2009, 04:03 PM
They are the losers LOL. This is why I write scripts with kind helpful patners
padma

veinglory
08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Does USD3 = $3 (US)?

semilargeintestine
08-11-2009, 06:12 PM
USD stands for United States Dollars, so I would think so. You never know though.

SiddFisher
08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
They are the losers LOL. This is why I write scripts with kind helpful patners
padma

By scripts, do you mean, the programming ones or the screenplay related stuff?
If you're the PHP kind of scripter then great!!
If you're the other kinda script-writer, then could you tell me if there is any way I can break into these kind of jobs?

@Delegate2 : Sorry for barging into your thread like this!!!

Delegate2
09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
We are looking for two writers who have an interest in Poker to provide content for a new French, 1000 page poker site.

You do not need to be based in France, however you will need to be able to write fluently in French as all the content will need to be writen in French.

Full details of the project are still being finalised, therefore further information will be disclosed when available.

To apply, please send details of both your writing experience and poker knowledge, in English please, to jobs@freelancewriters.info

Pay information:
Payment for the project is US$3 per 250 words.
Payments will be made via Paypal, one month in arrears.

If you would like to know more about the company before applying our dedicated writer recruitment website is http://www.freelancewriters.info (http://www.freelancewriters.info/) (part of the Delegate2 group).

If you have any questions about the project please PM or email me at the above address and I will do my best to answer.

Samskara
12-26-2009, 05:19 PM
What sort of experience has anybody had with their pay scale -- $3/250 words with an apparent expectation of 10 pieces per week seems totally inadequate even in today's market. Similarly, what sort of assignments do they send?

Unimportant
12-26-2009, 11:47 PM
What sort of experience has anybody had with their pay scale -- $3/250 words with an apparent expectation of 10 pieces per week seems totally inadequate even in today's market.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31330

Aric Mitchell
12-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I did a Harry Potter assignment for them that requested 84 character descriptions of about 250 words each. They kept their promise and paid me for them the following month. After that, I did a 20-article Backgammon assignment for them, and also received payment as promised. Then, I got an e-mail stating that someone was using their name to spam other people and they were taking action to resolve the situation. I've since put in another request for an assignment. It's been over a month, and I haven't heard anything new from them.

tablespoon
01-27-2010, 09:24 PM
I am with the writers from India - there is some very creative and good work from Indian writers.

padnar
02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I am with the writers from India - there is some very creative and good work from Indian writers.

Thanks a lot. These are very encouraging words to myself and fellow Indians . I hope more writers from India are encouraged to join the mainstream.
padma

Purecontent
11-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I applied but they said they don't take applications from my country:India.
God-damnit!!!!!

Hi! I work at Purecontent, formerly Delegate2, and I wanted to answer a few of your questions.

I am happy to accept applications from any freelance writer with a good standard of written English. If that's you, please email jobs@purecontent.com for an application pack, wherever you are from!

High quality Indian writers are very much appreciated by Purecontent :)

Purecontent
11-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Is writing your passion?

Purecontent is looking for freelance writers and editors to join our team. If you think you can write concise, engaging copy and have a few hours to spare each day in return for competitive rates of pay, we want to hear from you.

Working to strict deadlines, you’ll be providing informative, appealing articles that lead people to our clients. Your work needs to be accurate and adaptable - we will supply you with a specific brief each time you write, and all the help you need.

From our writers, we want better than ‘good’ copy. We want Pure.

In return, you can expect a regular monthly income, work across a range of topics that will improve your CV, and a friendly team to support you all the way.

If you think you can create content that has people returning day after day, get started today by emailing us at jobs@purecontent.com

Purecontent
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Looking for reliable, regular freelance work?

Purecontent is looking for freelance writers to provide topical daily news content for a range of clients.

If you think that you can provide engaging, original copy on an daily basis, email jobs@purecontent today.

MJRevell
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
How much are you paying?

wyntermoon
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.purecontent.com/ But there's no information on hiring/pay.

CaoPaux
11-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Merged into previous threads. Purecontent, Delegate2, and Freelancewriters.info are part and parcel.

Undercover
11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Does USD3 = $3 (US)?

Huh? I'm with you Veinglory.

Doesn't seem worth it to me