• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta reader for middle grade fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
I've finally managed to work up the nerve to ask for a beta-reader, after my family member betas told me that my novel wasn't exactly...polished. Which is probably true. But I need a bit of guidance on what parts I need to work on, and feedback on whether my characters and voice are consistent, whether I describe enough, and if I have any plot holes. Above all I just want someone to read it and comment on whether its ready or not to be sent out, and whether you like it. I have the biggest trouble distancing myself from my work, so I have no idea how much more revision it needs. I sent the first queries out last week... but now I'm torn on whether to shelve my novel entirely, take a very long break from it, or resume querying. I was hoping a beta would input their opinion on that.

Info on the novel: about 74,000 words, upper middle grade. It's a fantasy, with lots of magic and portals and parallel world traveling.
Here's my query: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3895459#post3895459

I would feel more comfortable if you've are an active, oldish AW member, just because I'm super paranoid...

Anyways, if you're interested PM me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.