French Guiana?

quixote100104

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings :),

I'm looking for information on life in French Guiana, trying to get a feel for what experiances a member of the French Foreign Legion might have there (their 3rd Infantry regiment handles security for the Guiana Space Center).

I'm particularly interested if the climate/environment is at all similar to Vietnam. I don't know much about either country physically, except both are described as having jungles. I do know that all jungles are not created equal though :). Since I've read the Legion took up station there in 1973, I thought one possible character background would be a Vietnam veteran who wasn't comfortable returning to civilian life.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with your question but the story idea sounds great to me. I lived 13 years in Paua New Guinea, both on the coast at about 2 degrees from the equator, and in two places in the more comfortable highlands at 4,000 - 6,000 feet. So if it's just general, every-day what it's like living in the jungle or the savana grasslands, I might be able to help. Just pm me.

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
It's half savanna, half rainforest.

Everything is poisonous.

^the extent of my knowledge of French Guiana.