• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

French beta needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinfader

Butt In Chair
Registered
Reaction score
Is there, by chance, anyone here who reads french fluently enough to beta my novel, Borgne-Roi? I'm looking for general feedback, not an indepth crit. You're allowed to be as harsh as you dare. It's a mainstream novel with a bit of sci-fi. Mature audience only, as a few scenes contain sex or violence.

Borgne-Roi has been revised a few times and is complete at 63'000 words.

French blurb follows.

Quand un cataclysme plonge l'humanité dans les ténèbres, qu'advient-il des rescapés? Franklin, jeune miraculé, met ses talents au service d'une communauté de survivants dans un monde dévasté. Menacé par les aspirations autoritaires de sa fiancée et d'un rival aveugle de naissance, Franklin parviendra-t-il à assurer un avenir aux siens sans renoncer à ses principes?

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Is there, by chance, anyone here who reads french fluently enough to beta my novel, Borgne-Roi? I'm looking for general feedback, not an indepth crit. You're allowed to be as harsh as you dare. It's a mainstream novel with a bit of sci-fi. Mature audience only, as a few scenes contain sex or violence.

Borgne-Roi has been revised a few times and is complete at 63'000 words.

French blurb follows.

Quand un cataclysme plonge l'humanité dans les ténèbres, qu'advient-il des rescapés? Franklin, jeune miraculé, met ses talents au service d'une communauté de survivants dans un monde dévasté. Menacé par les aspirations autoritaires de sa fiancée et d'un rival aveugle de naissance, Franklin parviendra-t-il à assurer un avenir aux siens sans renoncer à ses principes?

Interesting.

Are you able to beta english works yourself? I speak french pretty fluently, and with the exception of parviendra-t-il (which I figured out) i could read your blurb just fine.

If you don't get any hits, look me up. I might be willing to.

Grinfader

Butt In Chair
Registered
Reaction score
I read a lot of books in english, so I feel comfortable enough to beta any work you might have. I've found four beta readers on another forum, though, so I guess I should pass on your offer and have this thread closed.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.