How long before...?

onipar

Horror Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthonyjrapino.com
How long before you can query an agent about a partial submission?

I had a partial request about a month ago, and I haven't heard back yet. The agent does not have a "You can query after ______ days" in her guidelines.

Don't worry, I know a month isn't long enough to bother an agent yet, but I wanted to see if there's an accepted time frame for this sort of thing.

Also, I'm a bit paranoid because the agent said I could submit the partial through e-mail, and as I doubted she wanted 50 pages in the body of an e-mail, I sent it as an attachment. But now I'm worried that it was sent to a spam box because of the attachment, since agents normally don't like attachments and all...

Yeah, can you tell I'm anxious? :) Thanks for the help.

flyingtart

Warning: may contain humour.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see any harm in sending a polite email asking whether they received it OK. I'd do it now, to put your mind at rest.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Someone once told me to status query requests every two months.

I sometimes give them three the first time around.

onipar

Horror Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthonyjrapino.com
Hmmm, okay. Kind of opposing viewpoints there. As much as I'd like to verify she received it, I think I'm more comfortable waiting till an accepted time frame passes before sending another e-mail.

Two or Three months sounds about right for a partial, but then, I really don't know.

Danthia

I think you'd be fine sending a "did you get it?" email now, but the typical wait time is 3 months for partials.