• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta wanted for mainstream fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Syw helped me polish my manuscript, but now I need a fresh pair of eyes for my 85,000 novel, SING ME SWEET. My creative writing teacher told me it is a fun, easy read, but I can't identify my audience, and I have been getting lots of "This doesn't suit my needs" from agents. I'd really appreciate it if someone would read a partial or the entire manuscript, no matter how long it takes. I want brutal honesty and someone who appreciates quirky humor. There is a link to the first chapter in my signature. Rather than explain the book I will post my brief query:

Twenty-one year old Daniel Cole has never been a chick magnet. So, he signs on as the drummer for a local band, visions of sold-out shows and buxom groupies dancing in his head. However, with songs like "Fluffy Didn't Run Away (Your Parents Lied to You)" and "You Looked Better on the Web", Lincoln's Navigators are not the instant ticket to coolness that Dan was expecting.

In the absence of groupies, Dan falls for Shannon- a stubborn, clumsy, card-carrying musician hater who happens to be the lead singer’s sister. All bets are off as Dan secretly tries to compete for her attention with Aidan, the heartthrob guitarist- but being the opposite of Mr. Perfect just might be the way Dan can win Shannon over.

Dan must deal with the consequences of loving music, loving people who are bad for you, and growing up. Throw in his college dropout brother, a brick-wielding ex-girlfriend, a potty-mouthed girl scout, and a sold-out show and he'll be lucky if he can keep his sanity in the meantime

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.