How many hours of sleep do you average a night?

How many hours of sleep do you average a night?

• 0-3 (Insomnia is my enemy.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5 (Some is better than none.)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 6-7 (But I still hate the sound of the alarm.)

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • 8-9 (I sleep like a baby.)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 10-plus (You just can't get too much.)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Not anywhere enough, which is probably why I end up sleeping until 9 or 10 on weekendsl. :D (I get up around 5:30 weekdays. :()

ETA: Oh...so to answer your question 5-6 hours on weekdays. As much as possible on weekends.

ETAA: GEEZ! Now there's a poll!

Last edited:

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
8-9, Don't mess with my sleep, man- I am probably the only person who will go to bed at 9pm, just because I have to get up early the next day (like 6-7am)

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
Now that the little one is weaned and the older one has learned to play in his room if he wakes up too early, I get about 9-- assuming I make myself go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
Not anywhere enough, which is probably why I end up sleeping until 9 or 10 on weekendsl. :D (I get up around 5:30 weekdays. :()

ETA: Oh...so to answer your question 5-6 hours on weekdays. As much as possible on weekends.

Come to think of it, I'm kind of like this too. 6 or so on weekdays, 8 or 9 on weekends.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I put 4-5, but it isn't because "some is better than none." I only need 4.5-5 hours of sleep, and if I get more I am sluggish all day.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I started this same thread a while back.

Well, I checked off the box with 7. Just an estimate. Sometimes I can't sleep much at all at night.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Now that the little one is weaned and the older one has learned to play in his room if he wakes up too early, I get about 9-- assuming I make myself go to bed at a reasonable hour.

That's probably very healthy. To average 9 over the course of a week would be awesome.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
3-5??? Damn. Not by choice, I would assume?

I don't get tired until 10-11, but then my body just wakes up around 2:30. I find I get my best work done in the morning, so I stay up and run/work etc. On the weekends I'll nap though and catch up.

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
Which means not hanging on AW or chatting on IM. :D

Wha? Me?
No lie. I admin another community and between the two, plus my regular internet wanderings, there's a pretty permanent dent in my desk chair.

That's probably very healthy. To average 9 over the course of a week would be awesome.
The problem is that I would happily average 12 if they would let me. :) I can never get enough sleep.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get tired until 10-11, but then my body just wakes up around 2:30. I find I get my best work done in the morning, so I stay up and run/work etc. On the weekends I'll nap though and catch up.

Wow! I"ve woken up around 3:30 a.m. for years (after my kids were born) and I stayed awake for an hour or so. It's the reason I write. I'd make up stories to entertain myself while I waited for slumber.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website

I've always found it interesting when people like you can get by on such little sleep. Do people who work out a lot need less of it? Maybe light or non-drinkers need less? If I were a multimillionaire and didn't have any responsibilities, I'd choose to sleep 9 per night.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Around 10 hours. Generally from 4am to 2pm.

Yeah, my patterns are royally boned. :rolleyes:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I've always found it interesting when people like you can get by on such little sleep. Do people who work out a lot need less of it? Maybe light or non-drinkers need less?

Left unchecked without having to work, I'm not sure where my sleeping patterns would fall. I've never been a huge sleeper, although I have my moments when I'm just dog tired and sleep for 12 hours straight.

Come to think of it, I did need more sleep when I was less fit and drank more. So maybe there's something to that.

SWickham

Wonders what all the fuss is about
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandrawickham.com
I checked off 8-9, not that I always get that, but I really do need it. I'm one of the people who pushed that census of "8 hours a night" higher, I need 9-10 or I'm, well, not fun to live with. It doesn't always happen, that's for sure.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I checked off 8-9, not that I always get that, but I really do need it. I'm one of the people who pushed that census of "8 hours a night" higher, I need 9-10 or I'm, well, not fun to live with. It doesn't always happen, that's for sure.

I get real depressed when the alarm goes off. The weird thing is (and this is probably true of most everyone), no matter how little sleep I get, I'm never that tired when it's time to go to sleep the next night. It's only in the morning that I feel like crap.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
And you don't feel tired? I wish I was this way.

I feel tired if I get more than 5 or 6 or less than 4. I sometimes sleep about 8 or 9 hours on Saturday nights, and I find it nearly impossible to wake up on Sunday.

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
Don't talk to me of alarms...

A couple of nights ago I was sleeping peacefully. And then my 14 year old friend gets bored (she's pulling an all nighter for no apparent reason) and she calls me at 4:44 in the MORNING... and since I put the ringtone volume way up I jumped and hit the ceiling.