PDA

View Full Version : A New Blog for Chicklit Authors/Readers

ealexis
08-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I have started a readers/writers blog all about chick-lit. My goal is to feature authors work. Simple as that. If you are interested you can contact me here or anywhere else.

The new blog is courtesy of wordpress:
http://longlivechicklit.wordpress.com/

Needs some tweaking and will evolve. Guest blogging will be welcomed.
Cheers.

Pink Chick
10-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Count me in!

veinglory
10-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I am a bit confused by the format, is the only way to get to the actual posts the "latest news" section in the sidebar?

ealexis
12-01-2009, 07:27 AM
It's been a while since I've been able to log on. Couldn't remember my password, and couldn't find the link to reset it. But everything finally seemed to come together, LOL.

Anway, thanks, Pink Chick, for the comment.
veinglory, so it isn't said I don't listen to constructive critique/concerns/questions, I reformatted the first page (or default page) to go directly to the latest news, thus the format doesn't prove confusing.

I know...the post was so long ago, who even remembers?

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

GabrielNovo
01-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Couple of quick thoughts.

Incredibly narrow theme. You might want to expand it a bit in order to give your posts more room to breath. Looks pretty, but squished.

Question about two things. Why is your mission statement broken up into two sections? You can easily consolidate them into one focused statement and have a separate, easily identified CONTACT section. Readers won't assume that your details will be under Mission Statement.

Also, why do you only have one post per page? Seems like you could put in at least TWO posts per page. Most readers don't want to click and click and click again just to figure out if they like your site or not. Give them a nice chunk of your content upfront and make it easier for them to absorb your work.

It's a solid start and I hope it grows into a nice community.

ealexis
01-05-2010, 04:42 AM
Thanks for stopping by the blog, GabrielNovo, and leaving some feedback. You really took your time to analyze, and it is greatly appreciated.

You've given me a few things to consider. LOL at people not wanting to click back to a section. I really do see your perspective, really, but I find something a little humorous in people having to click to find things. But two posts per page is not a hardship at all. :)

Mission and contact in one is easily fixed and completely logical. Sometimes when something is too logical it gets missed because it just makes too much sense.

You should have seen the theme I had before/originally. I needed a magnifying glass to read anything.

Thanks again!

GabrielNovo
01-05-2010, 06:47 AM
@ealexis - My pleasure. I love helping creative people better present their talents. Even though they were minor changes, your site looks much better and richer. If you can make the theme a little wider, that would rock, but if not, it won't detract.

Just keep on churning out content, promote the HELL out of your site in every niche outlet you have and you'll build a solid blog.

veinglory
01-06-2010, 12:59 AM
I would suggest linking book titles to the publisher or a point of sale where people can find out more.

Capes&Corsets
01-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Oooh I like this! I'll be adding this to my Reader as I run a chicklit site myself and absolutely LOVE the genre!

AliceAnderson
01-13-2010, 06:10 AM
The first thing that caught my attention was the overall theme. Dark and gray. Totally not what I think of when I think of chick-lit. In fact, it had me wondering if I even know what chick lit is any more. I was expecting more white and brighter colors. But, that's jmho. B/c of the coloring I found the text (and especially the links) hard to read.