PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal suspense- Betas needed...Please!!

Elizabeth Holloway
08-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for a beta-reader (or two, or more) for my paranormal suspense novel, THE COLLECTED. I really want someone who can give good constructive criticism, but also throw a bone or two about what I'm doing right. Below is the meat of my query, which I realize still needs work.

After years of captivity inside of a glass bottle, Emma escapes from the soul collector who murdered her for the use of her healing talents. With the collector hot on her metaphysical heels, she slips into a stranger’s car and speeds into the night.

Emma is finally free. It doesn’t matter that the soul collector saw her enter this particular car. She’s leaving it as soon as she can. Her not-so-well-made plans disintegrate, however, when she discovers the unwitting young man driving her getaway car has a soul that is even more valuable to the soul collector than she is. She can’t leave now. She has unintentionally drawn the collector’s eye directly to the young man and he has no idea what he is up against. The only way to keep them both from becoming bottled trophies on the collector’s shelf is to kill the bastard. The only question is, how?

If you are interested, please leave a comment here or PM me. I'm also open to an exchange.Thanks so much!

Moost
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I just have to say that your story sounds very interesting and I'd love to read it. I've never done a beta reading before, but I am in the process of becoming an English teacher so I love giving constructive criticism/need the practice. I saw that you commented on the query I posted for my novel- I am also looking for a beta reader so an exchange would work for me if you had the time! PM me if you're interested :)

lilain
08-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Hello! I'm very new here, this is my first post, so please be kind.

I'd be interested in reading too. And, I'm looking for readers as well. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Cheers!

BlueMouse
08-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi Beth, if you're still looking for Betas, I'd be happy to volunteer. I've never been one before, but I am conscientious and scrupulous in my feedback. I will tell you exactly what I love and what needs work, and I promise I won't be rude about anything needing fixing. ;)
Your story sounds very interesting, and your paragraphs describing it were very engaging. (Definitely query letter potential there! :) )
If you'd like me to peruse your work, just let me know. It may take me a couple of days to get back to you, but I will. (Out of town right now, will be home day after tomorrow, and internet access is...spotty, right now. I'll check in as soon as I can in case you want to take me up on the offer.)