PDA

View Full Version : Book Review Sites

Lordofthehunt
07-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know of any good, free review sites that accept ebook versions?

As I'm trudging through the lists, all I seem to run into are sites that want physical copies. while I understand the reasoning, it makes it hard to generate advance interest when my book has yet to be printed.

Thanks for any help.

veinglory
07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
If it is through an epublisher they will already have a list they send to and you need to check with their publicity person, and also check how many free copies you are allowed to distribute. Genre is also a consideration. For example there is a good list for romance book only kept at romancedivas forum. In general the more "niche" a review site is the better the review will "work" in terms of driving sales.

Lordofthehunt
08-02-2009, 03:06 AM
If it is through an epublisher they will already have a list they send to and you need to check with their publicity person, and also check how many free copies you are allowed to distribute. Genre is also a consideration. For example there is a good list for romance book only kept at romancedivas forum. In general the more "niche" a review site is the better the review will "work" in terms of driving sales.

They've provided a list and they'll send some out, but I'm looking to cast a wider net, and have permission to do as needed.

My book is a Dark Fantasy in the vein of the Dresden Files, so I'm looking for a little wider audience, which I imagine will cause me some grief.

I did realize I hadn't mentioned the available review format was ebook, so I may have shot myself in the foot with the first few emails.

Thanks for the advice, Veinglory.