Cassiopeia's House of the Quarantined

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
We, being my son and I do hereby announce the opening of our safe house for the swine flu infested.

My son was flown home today from a job he was on in Washington State due to his being extremely ill. He just tested positive for swine flu (insert official name here). And because he hugged me when he got off the plane and wouldn't leave my side the whole afternoon and evening, I am now under quarantine too.

Isn't that just fun? So come one come all, to the house of the sick and secluded.

Otherwise as my son says, we are a quarantine of two. My comment:

Good thing we not only love each other but LIKE each other as well.

Jokes and kitteh photos are here by requested for the interred. :D

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, gee, Cassi. Good thoughts, vibes & :Cake: are with you. So hope your son will be aok very soon, and you won't catch it. Glad you two love/like each other. Way cool! ((((((HUGS)))) & :Cake:! Here's a little funny for ya. (I hope.)

Joe: How do you draw a quarterhorse?

Moe: Same way you draw a fiftycenthorse only smaller!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no! I am so sorry. How long will you be under quarantine?
When he's no longer sick and I show no symptoms. He's soooo sick. He's my 18 year old. The all, I'm so independent one. I knew he was bad when he asked me to go with him to the doctor.

Oh, gee, Cassi. Good thoughts, vibes & :Cake: are with you. So hope your son will be aok very soon, and you won't catch it. Glad you two love/like each other. Way cool! ((((((HUGS)))) & :Cake:! Here's a little funny for ya. (I hope.)

Joe: How do you draw a quarterhorse?

Moe: Same way you draw a fiftycenthorse only smaller!
:hooray:*giggles* Thanks susie

Oh gosh. I hope he gets better, and that you don't get sick at all.
thanks spammy, keep an eye on that hand of yours. I hope you get better too.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Sorry about that, Ms Cass. Here, have a kitteh:
nap.png

Now you just relax, I'll make you a bacon sammich.
Actually, Bacon might not be the best thing right now. ... but you need protein, how about some Pork Chops?

Y'know, maybe I'll just put the kettle on instead.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That's terrible, Cass! AGH!

Doesn't that mean that everybody on the plane will have to go into quarantine...and everybody at his work, too??? Especially the plane, I would think.

Hope he gets better soon!

K

Kenzie

Registered
Reaction score
I am self-imposing quarantine for a few days. My parents both have some sort of flu, not sure whether it's the 'S' word or not; most doctors wont test for it anymore anyway and just say if you're sick, stay home. They came up to visit me last weekend and today I've woken up feeling coughy, headachy, nauseous and achy all over. So I'm guessing I've caught whatever they had. I'm okay with quarantine, it'll give me some forced writing time anyway. I just wish someone was around to buy me sick-person treats!

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Hope your son feels better soon, Cass!
Kenzi, have a truckload of virtual sick person treats.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Oh no! I was quarantined for pertussis earlier in the year. It's weird to be told you can't leave, although I didn't feel well enough to need to be told anyway.

Take care, please!

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take care of yourself and your son. I told you your kids would always need their mom. Didn't I? Huh? Huh? Didn't I?

Sass- wishing I could smuggle in some contraband soup or something. HUGS. (virtual no virus spreading hugs.)

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Well, that sucks.

I hope you both get better quickly. However, just to express our displeasure, we should all now go kick a pig.

I've got dibs on Charlotte.

(Ok, so maybe it's not a very friendly kind of morning around here?)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about that, Ms Cass. Here, have a kitteh:
nap.png

Now you just relax, I'll make you a bacon sammich.
Actually, Bacon might not be the best thing right now. ... but you need protein, how about some Pork Chops?

Y'know, maybe I'll just put the kettle on instead.
I can't stop laughing at that kitteh. Iz showz da sik kid n he'll laugh too.

That's terrible, Cass! AGH!

Doesn't that mean that everybody on the plane will have to go into quarantine...and everybody at his work, too??? Especially the plane, I would think.

Hope he gets better soon!

K
Ut-oh...is this something we should report, he had no idea he had it till I took him to the doctor at after hours last night.

Poor Cassie. I hope you are both okay and that he is better soon.
Have a lolcat that made me giggle:
funny-pictures-sick-cat-drinks-soda.jpg

and some hugs.:Hug2:
LOL, thanks :)

I am self-imposing quarantine for a few days. My parents both have some sort of flu, not sure whether it's the 'S' word or not; most doctors wont test for it anymore anyway and just say if you're sick, stay home. They came up to visit me last weekend and today I've woken up feeling coughy, headachy, nauseous and achy all over. So I'm guessing I've caught whatever they had. I'm okay with quarantine, it'll give me some forced writing time anyway. I just wish someone was around to buy me sick-person treats!
why are they not testing for it. The minute my son's test came back positive they scooted us off to the chemist for two antivirals. I'm to watch my symptoms closely too. When I found him wandering around the luggage carasel he could barely communicate with me. I said, hey Bubba, and he looked up and then realized it was me and hugged me so hard. He was like holding a hot coal his fever was so high.

Hope your son feels better soon, Cass!
Kenzi, have a truckload of virtual sick person treats.
check! we've got gator and power aid, his favorite soft baked cookies and honey cashews.

Oh no! I was quarantined for pertussis earlier in the year. It's weird to be told you can't leave, although I didn't feel well enough to need to be told anyway.

Take care, please!
Oh my gosh, pertusis is horrible. I'm glad you got better.

Take care of yourself and your son. I told you your kids would always need their mom. Didn't I? Huh? Huh? Didn't I?

Sass- wishing I could smuggle in some contraband soup or something. HUGS. (virtual no virus spreading hugs.)
hehehe yes you did *grin* He's especially glad to come home to a house that won't have strangers trapsing through it.

Oh, no Cass!

I just broke my toe, so I'll just drop by and keep you guys company.

**hugs**
OW! awesome, we've got dvds, an xbox, nintendos (all of them still in working condition and we've got a game cube, so noone's gonna get bored and you can tell us stories and delight us with the telling! :)

Well, that sucks.

I hope you both get better quickly. However, just to express our displeasure, we should all now go kick a pig.

I've got dibs on Charlotte.

(Ok, so maybe it's not a very friendly kind of morning around here?)

Don't you mean Wilbur? Charlotte was the spider.

---

Back to your regularly scheduled quarantine.
poor charlotte everyone thinks she's a pig. LOL

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I would have thought the doctors would have made sure he wasn't on a flight recently. flights have been quarantined because of swine flu. I'd look into reporting it.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
I would have thought the doctors would have made sure he wasn't on a flight recently. flights have been quarantined because of swine flu. I'd look into reporting it.
well, we didn't know he had it when he left Washington. I don't think they would have let him fly if he'd made it to the doctor there. I'm on hold right now with the airlines. I'll report it to them so they can alert passengers. I'm just worried about him, he's not wanting to drink anything and he has asthma so this could very well turn into pneumonia. But one thing at a time.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Cassi, our hearts go out to you guys and so hope and pray everything works out aok. ((((((HUGS)))))))).