Several Things

DestinyLies

Registered
Reaction score
One I need is arguments to have with your boyfriend...small ones or big.
Two: Information on space station and things
Three: Good names for boys/girls.

I'll post more as I need them!
Thanks!!! :D

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Google baby name dictionary for an expansive set of names. Or flip through your phone book.

Arguments, start with the basics. People fight over remembering things such as anniversaries, even stupid ones, money, attention, work. Pick a topic, develop your characters voices, attitudes, reactions, and the arguements will come. Do little exercises to build them up, if you have favorite arguements in books or movies go to the source and see hwo they constructed them.

I have no idea on the space station and things. Maybe try Google? Or hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge than I have.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
The European Space Agency recently launched 2 space telescopes named after distinguished scientists so you could use this (or astronauts) for your space stations.

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
arguments--

we fight over spending time with each other vs. with our friends
stupid nit picky jealously crapt
and smex. always smex.

Aquilegia

Registered
Reaction score
Regarding arguments...

This is painting with a broad brush, but generally, if the man feels he's not being respected (eg. girlfriend nags, belittles him or his work/hobbies, or embarrasses him in front of his friends) or the woman feels she's not getting attention and love (eg. boyfriend forgot anniversary, forgets to call when working late, takes her cooking and cleaning for granted) it can start a fight. A lot of times, women get upset because men forget the "little things" (anniversaries) even when they're working hard on the big things (saving for a house they want to buy together). Money's a big one, too.

A lot depends on the personalities, though. Say the guy's the protective type maybe because his dad was or because he reads the news too much and reads about all these terrible crimes that happen to women. Then he might get angry with his girlfriend for wanting to do something he feels is dangerous. She, in turn, might get angry at him for being controlling.

If the woman's been cheated on or the boyfriend is spending a lot of time "away," said girlfriend might be really suspicious and jealous, which could make the man feel like she's being controlling.

Then there are less common personality traits and reactions. My guy and I have mostly worked through this one already, but he used to get angry with me when I was stressed. He doesn't handle stress well at all and my stress stresses him out. Getting angry is just so counterproductive, but there you have it.

>>and smex. always smex.
Not all couples fight over this. :D Anyway, I thought it was for preventing or patching over arguments. Oh, and procreation. Pfft.

Last edited:

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
"Can't you pick up your damned clothes?"

"Another beer? Haven't you had two already?"

"Isn't it your turn to walk the dog?"

"I'm tired of sitting home. Why don't we ever go out somewhere fun?"

"You can't go out dressed like that! I don't want other guys lookin' at you."

"Why don't you get a (better) job?"

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
One: you can find out from watching television, surfing the internet, and reading. People can, and do, fight over almost everything. Some people even fight over the space station.
Two: You can find out basic information on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_station (remmeber, kids, Wikipedia is your friend)
Three: you can check any baby name site.

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
"Can't you pick up your damned clothes?"

"Another beer? Haven't you had two already?"

"Isn't it your turn to walk the dog?"

"I'm tired of sitting home. Why don't we ever go out somewhere fun?"

"You can't go out dressed like that! I don't want other guys lookin' at you."

"Why don't you get a (better) job?"

Considering the OP also requested information on spacestations I am assuming it is set on one, which is why all these potential flashpoints are goddamned hilarious. (esp 4th one, actually loling here).

As for arguments with boyfriends, I've found they can be about anything. There is literally nothing too trivial to have a massive fight over. I'll be honest, sometimes we just like to argue for the hell of it.

Mike Martyn

Registered
Reaction score
Taking out the garbage or if you prefer cleaning out the hydrponic tank filters.

To use the the garbage example, to the woman, "taking out the garbage" is part of a whole matrix of things ie:

- all the times he didn't take out the garbage when she asked him to;

- how his failure to take out the garbage symbolises their relationship;

- the fact that he grunts something meaningless when she asks him for the 3rd time to take out the garbage when all she wanted was a simple acknowledgment that he would take out the garbage.

To the guy taking out the garbage is exactly that. Picking it up and taking it out, not having an emotional relationship with or over the garbage.

The result: She feels ignored, he feels nagged.

As for the space station, google the International Space Station.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
She does all the housework and he sits around. That'll cause arguments.

He apologizes by saying 'I'm sorry your feelings were hurt," instead of "I'm sorry for saying that xxxxx. I didn't mean it and I didn't mean to hurt you."
(If you can't tell the difference, you are a guy.)

She throws away some favorite but old and ugly piece of his clothing. "How could you throw that away?!? I wore that in high school."

One calls the other fat.

DestinyLies

Registered
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks soo much for the help.

The advice is for different stories (the space station for one, and the fighting for another, and names...any future and past stories). THANKS SO MUCH!!!

DestinyLies

Registered
Reaction score
The space station stuff I need to know how many people can live there.....how they live how they eat and everything.